Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Default Future of the 360/PS3?

I don't think either is going away anytime soon. Microsoft in fact unveiled a new 360 design that mirrors the One. Has it been said if new titles will be released on both sets of hardware?

The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sony's has supported every console after release by leaving it available for third parties to publish titles or publishing some themselves.

Twisted Metal Small Brawl, Final Fantasy Origins, Breath of Fire 4, are some titles released after the PS2 launched. Persona 3, Persona 4, God of War 2, Wild ARMs 5, Motorstorm Arctic Edge, and MLB The Show up to '11 are some titles that were released after the PS3 launched.

The PS3 will have a lot of support and I'm sure the 360 will have a lot of support. Microsoft has nothing to lose and everything to gain with Xbox Live Gold and future games, while Sony has already shown that they show continued support towards their consoles.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure Sony will support the PS3 for least another 3-5 years, MS will probably support the 360 for a few more years at least. They're both cheap alternatives for people who don't wanna spend $400-500 on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably a good indicator is look at what happened in the past for the PS2 and Orginal Xbox or scruntinize how many new titles for the Wii today.

I suspect the online support will be shutdown on the Wii just as it has for the PS2 and original Xbox once the newer console becomes mainstream. The same will happen for the 360 and PS3 as their replacements take over.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you watched the E3 conferences you'd notice that both announced that they still have lots of titles(I believe one of them said more than 100) coming for their current systems. Also take into account that they both have over 70 million units sold. With such massive install bases(even when you consider that active members is probably between 35-50 million each) I'd say it's a safe bet that they will be on stores shelves for atleast another 3 years or so.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

3rd party support is a given, but what about 1st party support?

I was pretty disappointed with how MS handled the 1st Xbox, when it came to 1st party support after the 360 came out. I believe the last two 1st party published titles were Fable: The Lost Levels and Jade Empire in 2005, after that it was pretty much 3rd party games in 2006. Sony did a little better with games like Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Rogue Galaxy, ATV Offroad Fury 4 and MLB 09: The Show being published after the PS3 had arrived.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 06-13-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

So it appears MS will still have the 4GB and 250GB 360's for sale in the new redesign. Wonder if they and Sony will start dropping the price on their current consoles?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER View Post
    Probably a good indicator is look at what happened in the past for the PS2 and Orginal Xbox or scruntinize how many new titles for the Wii today.

I suspect the online support will be shutdown on the Wii just as it has for the PS2 and original Xbox once the newer console becomes mainstream. The same will happen for the 360 and PS3 as their replacements take over.
    There is still online support for many PS2 games. And no, not just Final Fantasy 11. Champions of Norrath and Champions Return to Arms are two games I've played online just last year.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    So it appears MS will still have the 4GB and 250GB 360's for sale in the new redesign. Wonder if they and Sony will start dropping the price on their current consoles?
    Eventually they are both going to have to. I think a $199 360 250 gb and $199 PS3 250 gb will sell quite nicely, particularly during the holidays. As long as each keeps getting good core games(1st and 3rd party) it's a given the systems will still sell.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Remember that this generation is the first true "DLC" generation. As long as they can keep milking 360\PS3 for DLC $$$ then these systems might last longer in the market than anything else we have seen.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI