Thread: Im Going To Play A FF Marathon, help me stay with it, Please?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Im Going To Play A FF Marathon, help me stay with it, Please?

Ive already started to play 7 (I played for the first time last year), and then I plan on playing 4,6 and then 9. Ill use cheat codes for the SNES games since I can use those. The trailer for 15 got me so pumped up. I felt weird last night, playing it, and then a Louisianan friend shared a story saying another plant blew up. Scary. Ill play Kingdom Hearts again after this, really excited for the third game being made.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't understand why you'd play a marathon and then cheat...

Any why not start at #1 and go forward?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigbacon View Post
    I don't understand why you'd play a marathon and then cheat...

Any why not start at #1 and go forward?
    I really love Game Genie. I want to hit the high points of the series. Ive played 1, it was good, but I didnt like 2 and maybe I should play the DS version of 3 somehow to see how it is. Should I really play 8? 10 and 12 I should play too. The only ones I wont play are 11 and 14.

Man, 7 was ahead of its time with the way things went in the 00's. No way it would have been made during that decade.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats what I don't understand, marathon but you play like the popular ones only. 8,9,10,12 are fantastic. Honestly 7 is over rated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    Ive already started to play 7 (I played for the first time last year), and then I plan on playing 4,6 and then 9. Ill use cheat codes for the SNES games since I can use those. The trailer for 15 got me so pumped up. I felt weird last night, playing it, and then a Louisianan friend shared a story saying another plant blew up. Scary. Ill play Kingdom Hearts again after this, really excited for the third game being made.
    What? Cheating in FF? Lame. At least play them in order.

I really love Game Genie. I want to hit the high points of the series. Ive played 1, it was good, but I didnt like 2 and maybe I should play the DS version of 3 somehow to see how it is. Should I really play 8? 10 and 12 I should play too. The only ones I wont play are 11 and 14.
    Personally, I'd play 1-9 and leave it at that. IMO, 10 is a snooze fest and any after that fall between "blah" and "crap".

IMan, 7 was ahead of its time with the way things went in the 00's. No way it would have been made during that decade.
    What?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'd only really skip X-2 and then 13/13-2

7 was good but its just not OMGBBQ good. I just gets the praise because it reinvented the genre and was the first 3d one. It is long and tediuos game. I've never been able to play through it a second time without getting bored while still on disc 1

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didnt think Id run into people not liking 7 so much. I didnt play it as a child or young teenager, its not nostalgia that makes me like it. I really love the characters and story. I even kinda really like the Lego styled characters on pre rendered backgrounds. THE MUSIC! Oh my god, Square has made some amazing soundtracks, and this is one of them. I want to mix things up, it doesnt matter when I play the games, theyre not related by story.

One thing I dont like about FF 7 is that Aeris/th is so focused on with Cloud in the story. I dont want to like her, I want to like Tifa, maybe the Christ archetype for Aerith makes me step back from her. But Tifa is just my type. Shes a strong kick boxer, cares abotu the world, smokin hot, and she cares about the guy even though they grew up together and she didnt friendzone him. I guess it does matter how you answer questions, last time I played it I got Tifa on the date, and I plan on getting her again on it. I didnt like how CLoud wasnt so into her until the end.
    Last edited by JakeM; 06-14-2013 at 11:27 PM.