Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: retro game cases

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default retro game cases

My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think a nintendoage member runs that place.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigbacon View Post
    i think a nintendoage member runs that place.
    I can't tell if you're saying the company is good or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those cases are just these Universal Game Cases with printed artwork from The Cover Project. It's a lot cheaper to just print/trim the artwork and stick it into the empty cases. They are designed to fit SNES, N64 and Genesis (both regular and large EA ones) cartridges, however need to have some of the inside modded in order to store NES cartridges. As for the GameBoy cases, they are just standard DS cases (the older kind that had a slot for a GBA cart), which can also be modified to accommodate GameBoy/GameBoy Color carts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We have actually have begun production of some of our own cases. They are not close to as cheap (price-wise) as the UGC, but higher quality. However they are much more affordable than these other stores selling the cover art + UGC. We started with NES. They will be sold in singles, 10-packs, or 100-packs. 100-packs come with 100 free cover art prints of your choice. We plan on making them for other systems as well.

We are almost ready to put the NES cases up for sale, we are just working on the system that will allow customers to select what cover art they want printed. We expect them to go up late June / early July.

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/bitbox-...-100-pack.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0918.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	6772
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't forget that your NES cases just so happen to fit SNES games pretty comfortably as well

Also, the retro game case guy is a member here as well under the name Wingzrow I believe.
    Last edited by wiggyx; 06-16-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Cherry (Level 1) TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've ordered a ton of these from this guy, probably going on about 20+ of them now and I'm not going to stop until my entire NES collection is cased, then I'll move onto the SNES and beyond because these cases are so damn nice. Pricey.....but nice. Highly recommended!
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA -- My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <----- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 11/4/13 The Retro Video Game Addict reviews: Tekken 2 for the PS1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    I've ordered a ton of these from this guy, probably going on about 20+ of them now
    I don't know if I want to buy any of those cases. The shipping must be outrageous if 20+ cases weigh a ton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're already at 20+, then you've thrown a lot of money away. For the price you paid you could have ordered a box of 100 cases and printed off your own covers (plus have a ton of cases leftover for the future).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    If you're already at 20+, then you've thrown a lot of money away. For the price you paid you could have ordered a box of 100 cases and printed off your own covers (plus have a ton of cases leftover for the future).
    Yeah, but I hate putting in the work to do stuff like that and this guy makes them really nice so I don't mind paying. It isn't like I don't have the cash to burn, so why the heck not? I enjoy these cases quite a bit. Besides, I order directly from him and not from eBay and he gives good deals if you buy in bulk. My first order was for 13 cases, he knocked off like 25% for me which was nice of him.
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA -- My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <----- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Yeah, but I hate putting in the work to do stuff like that and this guy makes them really nice so I don't mind paying. It isn't like I don't have the cash to burn, so why the heck not? I enjoy these cases quite a bit. Besides, I order directly from him and not from eBay and he gives good deals if you buy in bulk. My first order was for 13 cases, he knocked off like 25% for me which was nice of him.
    I guess I don't understand. How hard is it to send a file to the printer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fluid_matrix View Post
    I guess I don't understand. How hard is it to send a file to the printer?
    There's a bit more to it than that.

You'll want to use a decent quality paper and have a decent quality printer to make anything that looks good.

Assuming you have a good printer and the right paper you'll also need ink.
    Depending on how many of these you want to print it could be a LOT of ink. Ink is expensive.

Personally, I bought a case of UGCs and I download the images from thecoverproject.net and take them to a print shop to get printed and cut.

I haven't done a cost breakdown, but I'd honestly think that it might cost just as much to do the printing at home as it does to get the inserts printed out somewhere else.

That being said, I wouldn't go buy these premade cases unless I won the lottery.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The ultimate lazy gamers case.

Just buy some UGCs, get a package of heavier stock paper and print away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ink is something I've sold and filled for customer for years and some ink cartridges can sell for up to about $100 for the set, with most costing around $66-$70 depending upon the amount of .mil the cartridge holds. Buying ink, paper, a high quality printer, the cases, and doing the cutting would cost a lot and would take up so much personal time of mine that I just don't want to deal with it, so buying these cases works well for me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ink is something I've sold and filled for customer for years and some ink cartridges can sell for up to about $100 for the set, with most costing around $66-$70 depending upon the amount of .mil the cartridge holds. Buying ink, paper, a high quality printer, the cases, and doing the cutting would cost a lot and would take up so much personal time of mine that I just don't want to deal with it, so buying these cases works well for me.
    TEN BUCKS A PIECE! REALLY? You are seriously wasting so much money on that ebay store, but that guy sure has one hell of a racket going on and has cornered the market as I tried to sell the exact same product for 2 dollars less and no one was biting. ( I have massive positive seller feedback on ebay too) Late last year I purchased 500 Universal game cases and printed high quality color inserts that look amazing at a local print shop for ten cents a piece (Office max wanted like 70 cents). I SPENT LESS than what you would spend on 40 of his pre made cases with artwork for 500 of the EXACT SAME cases and artwork quality. Unless you are a lazy millionaire there is no way you can justify wasting money like that....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

What is your time worth, really? At $10 a case, I think you're overestimating what it's worth. That's a huge rip off, not to mention illegal. I'll gladly stick to making my own.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've cased more than 550 games and consoles.

If I had paid 7.50-10 per case, then it would have cost a fortune. Even with the rather pricey paper that I use, and OEM Canon inks (not refill garbage), it still costs me a fraction of that.

I make all of my own covers, so the time spent printing and cutting them is nothing by comparison. But still, we're talking less than 2-3 minutes of work between downloading a file, opening it, clicking print, then trimming it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, like I said before that nobody seemed to catch is thatthis guy discounted me hheavily for buying in bulk with a 25% off deal for contacting him personally and not using FeeBay. He told me he would discount further should I buy in bulk again so I will take that into account on my next order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I had paid 7.50-10 per case, then it would have cost a fortune.
    Well, like I said before that nobody seemed to catch is thatthis guy discounted me hheavily for buying in bulk with a 25% off deal for contacting him personally and not using FeeBay. He told me he would discount further should I buy in bulk again so I will take that into account on my next order.
    I caught it just fine.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I caught it just fine.
    Even if the guy discounted them 50 percent it would be a huge rip off still... Some people.