Thread: LoZ: Twilight Princess changed so much during its dev-cycle - First 3 trailers plus some great scenes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Default LoZ: Twilight Princess changed so much during its dev-cycle - First 3 trailers plus some great scenes

For some reason, Twilight Princess is still my favorite 3D Zelda game. Ocarina of Time was revolutionary. Wind Waker was great but too short. I never could really get into Skyward Sword. Yet, Twilight Princess just built so much on top of what OoT did. I bought a Wii at launch with TP in Nov 2006. I bought the GameCube version of TP like 3 weeks later as soon as it arrived in Dec 2006. I played both to the end before that year was out.

However I'm not making this thread to discuss how good TP is compared to other 3D Zelda entries. Everyone likes a certain entry in the series for his or her own reasons. That's the way it should be. This thread is really to start a discussion about all of the things completely removed or changed during TP's ~4 or so years in development. We knew about this game's existance starting from the last ~2.5 years of development, from E3 2004 until its release in Nov and Dec 2006 on Wii and GameCube respectively.

Two prototype trailers for what would eventually become Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

E3 2004: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOdPC16zN80
    (yeah yeah, I know, probably the best moment in Nintendo E3 history)

Game Developers Confrence 2005: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZhES9b5v8c

First trailer as Twilight Princess.
    E3 2005: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVR8uWyxGc0

All three together (fthe irst reveal is without fan reaction + different music)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2j2NdUFaJ8

Some choice proto/beta screens not even in any of the trailers:

Man, no doubt most of us would love to get our hands on playable proto/beta versions of Twilight Princess, or even just some unseen videos, especially from 2004-2005.

Contribute more and disucuss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

I remembered back in 2004, I was pretty excited and wanted to learn more about the game. I would find and read articles from different game outlets and websites which kept my interest strong. Then after reading a couple of Nintendo Power magazines during the summer of 2005, I was ready for the game and couldn't wait to start a new adventure in Hyrule. Of course, the game was delayed until 2006 but I did brought the game once it was released for the Gamecube. I played the game to completion and then felt pretty satisfied with the vast world and secrets that it have to offer

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

The final Twilight Princess seems so utterly different from the scenes shown in 2004 and at GDC 2005. It's like an almost completely different game.

I would love a remake (not just an HD version of the original) with at least some of the omitted content restored. Although I know it'll never happen.

The best one can hope for is an HD remake ala Wind Waker HD. In the meantime, it's all about playing it on the Dolphin emu.