Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Default Snowboard kids saving problems

Does anyone keep getting not enough pages error message when trying to use their memory card with this game?

I use to own it and never recall these problems but now I can't seem to save the game. Yet the memory card has saves on it that work on other games.

Wondering if I should try and deleting everything on the card which is only two files that I don't care about. Almost all the saves I care about are on carts. Which is worse for when the battery dies.

I always use doom 64 game to edit saves since it lets you delete saves from other games. I remember there used to be a universal way of doing it without a game needed just forgot how.

Anyway I researched this.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/36687...-kids/48707312

If my research is correct this game requires 121 pages to save which is pretty much means it needs a memory card dedicated to itself. Is that right?

Ok I checked and it's right to save this game requires 121 pages and the memory card empty default is only 123. So two pages left after one save. It's a third party memory card not the official Nintendo one. I don't know how many default pages a official memory card has.

Anyway off to play some of my favorite game growing up. SNOWBOARD KIDS!
    Last edited by needler420; 06-19-2013 at 07:00 PM.

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    I always use doom 64 game to edit saves since it lets you delete saves from other games. I remember there used to be a universal way of doing it without a game needed just forgot
    Just hold start when turning on the console (of course make sure the controller pak is in a controller too!). Pretty sure you need (or should have) a cart in the console as well, but not positive.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Yeah, sadly the original SK was a memory card hog (those N64 cards sure didn't hold much, especially considering you could get up to 15 games' worth on a PS1 card, but I digress...).

Thankfully, the (even awesomer) sequel ditched the card and saved right to the cart itself via battery. Have fun!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The N64 didn't have a save management menu built-in, but I believe games that used the card were supposed to program their own menu and make it accessible by holding Start while booting the game.
    Third party memory card? I have an Interact card and I know it uses a non-soldered battery (which means the battery can come loose from its holder).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by old_skoolin_jim View Post
    Yeah, sadly the original SK was a memory card hog (those N64 cards sure didn't hold much, especially considering you could get up to 15 games' worth on a PS1 card, but I digress...).

Thankfully, the (even awesomer) sequel ditched the card and saved right to the cart itself via battery. Have fun!
    Well technically you could have up to 123 games saved on an N64 card. It just depends on how much space the game takes. So, it's really a better memory management system than the arbitrary 15 blocks thing.

That said, MANY N64 games that used the memory card took a good chunk, if not all of the card

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Haha I just sold this game. The dedicated memory card problem was just unacceptable to me so I figured I'd rather let it go than keep a whole memory card just for it. It's ridiculous.

It's an OK game though.