Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    He does look like a stooge, lol
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    Once I picked up a free music magazine. Then I started reading it and it was a Christian Music one, in the back was a column series called "The Christian and Art" where the author was pleading with his devout buddies to STOP MAKING HORRIBLE MUSIC! He went on about how Christian just never make good art work/music and him trying to figure that out. I agree, just like with C S Lewis after he became a Christian, they just lose that devil in them thats the creative force. SO yeah, people who are more creative tend to be 9 times out of 10 more liberal or at least anti-conformist/christian/religious.
    Uh, for the majority of art history, glorifying God/gods has played a central role. Whether it's pagan art from places like ancient Greece, Byzantine art, Renaissance art, Buddhist art, Shinto art, Hindu art, etc. etc., religion has traditionally been a driving force in creativity of all kinds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    He does look like a stooge, lol

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Uh, for the majority of art history, glorifying God/gods has played a central role. Whether it's pagan art from places like ancient Greece, Byzantine art, Renaissance art, Buddhist art, Shinto art, Hindu art, etc. etc., religion has traditionally been a driving force in creativity of all kinds.
    I dont know why religious people lost their creativity, but back then you really had to be affiliated with religion for your work to be noticed. There were no big book stores for fiction. I dont want this to go into speculation of religion in general, but there far more things that have been lost over time than stayed with us.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

If I consumed media based on whether I agree with a particular persons views; I wouldn't have very much to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    Once I picked up a free music magazine. Then I started reading it and it was a Christian Music one, in the back was a column series called "The Christian and Art" where the author was pleading with his devout buddies to STOP MAKING HORRIBLE MUSIC! He went on about how Christian just never make good art work/music and him trying to figure that out. I agree, just like with C S Lewis after he became a Christian, they just lose that devil in them thats the creative force. SO yeah, people who are more creative tend to be 9 times out of 10 more liberal or at least anti-conformist/christian/religious.
    Music is a bit different as the target market is different than what it used to be. It used to be that professional music was written for adults, when you look at famous operas or classical music it was all for upper class society, or the wealthy. A lot of these weren't strictly religious either.

Now with music what's considered to be modern is aimed at younger people. Younger people tend to like things that their parents don't, just to have something different or to be rebelious. Modern views tend to go against traditional ones so to sell albums modern artists have to go against traditional views which basically means to avoid religious subject matter. Christian rock bands mostly fail because they try to target younger audiences with the same style of music, but the subject matter doesn't match properly so it seems forced. It's usually the lyrics that ruin it. It's like watching safety videos from the 80's/90's with rap artists trying to make safety sound cool, which just comes across as cheesy and lame.

Just to briefly mention books or writing, there was a time when most people were illiterate and only the wealthy could afford books. The further back you go the more you can see that the wealthiest people were accociated with religion, the churches had extreme amounts of wealth compared to average people. People who studied religion from the churches were more likely to become literate compared to anyone else, so most texts were centred around religious material. Churches were more likely to commision art or projects compared to anyone else, which is why so much old art that's currently surviving is religious in nature. Most skilled artists didn't work for free, they made whatever they were paid to. Same with architecture, when appreciating old architecture it's mostly old surviving churches that show this off, they had the money to pay for this ornate work done.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2 View Post
    If I consumed media based on whether I agree with a particular persons views; I wouldn't have very much to do.
    While that might be true, there are very few people who make it a habit to repeatedly spew hate and vicious attacks on others using their position of prominence as an artist and creative person to give them added credibility. That's why I personally take issue with this guy. If he simply was opposed to gay marriage and had different views about the role of women than I do and even just expressed those views, it wouldn't be an issue for me or many others. His level of outrageous hate spewing simply has gone to a whole other level as can be clearly seen in the link I posted and a simple Google search.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bubble_Man's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Over 800k on the last day, so meeting the funding goal with a surge of last-minute supporters is a possibility. As for the political stuff, I say screw it. I want to play a good game and don't care what any the creators' personal views are.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bubble_Man's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And the 900,000 has successfully been raised. Whoo-hoo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble_Man View Post
    And the 900,000 has successfully been raised. Whoo-hoo!
    Too late......DOMA has been ruled unconstitutional, he couldnt raise the 900k to save it in time guess he will just have to make some game or something.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*