Thread: Check out this guys Massively EPIC collection!!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Check out this guys Massively EPIC collection!!!!

You guys all need to check this video out, this guy has one of the most well rounded collection I've ever seen. He has some of the best stuff out there and a few things I didn't even know existed.

http://retrogamersociety.com/rgs-vid...ion-episode-4/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The days of getting games for 2 dollars must have been nice.. Everyone seems to want 10 bucks for a loose cart of SMB anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice collection, indeed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Lots of pre-crash stuff! I mean A LOT. Nice video. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Is he someone from this board? He calls out Digital Press.

The sun hurts my HP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Submissive421

Yeah it's way too late to start collecting now. If you want anything complete now you have to pay loads of money. That's so not fair. My collection will always be missing titles I want but can't afford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What he's got is certainly in boxes, who knows if complete though because we cannot see inside those boxes. I don't know about well-rounded collection though because most of his stuff looks like it ends around Master System/7800 era. I look at his room and think I probably have more systems and games than this guy, though certainly not as many in the box as he has. I rate his collection good, though not great.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    What he's got is certainly in boxes, who knows if complete though because we cannot see inside those boxes. I don't know about well-rounded collection though because most of his stuff looks like it ends around Master System/7800 era. I look at his room and think I probably have more systems and games than this guy, though certainly not as many in the box as he has. I rate his collection good, though not great.
    So you are telling me that you have 2 sealed stack ups? He has every game and every system CIB up to the SNES.... Sorry to say it but I highly doubt you have 1/10 the collection he has let alone a "better" one.....

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dccloth View Post
    So you are telling me that you have 2 sealed stack ups? He has every game and every system CIB up to the SNES.... Sorry to say it but I highly doubt you have 1/10 the collection he has let alone a "better" one.....
    Where are you getting that he has every game up to the SNES CIB? He clearly never said that. He has a nice collection, but there are lots of people here that have collections that are just as nice and comprehensive. Not sure what the point of owning two sealed Stack Ups would be. Seems like a waste. I only see one in his collection and while it's cool, it's not mint by any stretch.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 06-29-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dccloth View Post
    Read my post again. I never said I have a "better" one, just more systems and games. I admitted that many of mine are not in boxes as his are, but I am still not enamored with this guy's collection. Does that make me somehow a bad person? When I began collecting, I never went for CIB, boxed, or otherwise, due mainly to space limitations. I did watch further into this guy's video and admit I don't have the arcade cabs he has or some of the rarities, but so what? Your doubting I have "1/10th the collection he has" in no way changes anything. I still believe I have him beat on total number of home consoles and games. Just because you are saucer-eyed watching his video does not mean that there are not other collectors out there with equal or greater number of games and systems than this guy has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I rate his collection good, though not great.
    That's a matter of opinion really. I would rate his collection as great and prefer it over someone with a complete boxed set of N64 games with every boxed fruity colored N64, for example, as those systems don't matter to me or impress me. However he and I seem to have the same tastes in systems and games and as such, I find his collection very impressive.

Its hard to rate someone else's collection because everyone has a different focus and what's important to one collector is irrelevant to another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I still believe I have him beat on total number of home consoles and games. Just because you are saucer-eyed watching his video does not mean that there are not other collectors out there with equal or greater number of games and systems than this guy has.
    Personally, I always thought quality trumps quantity. He has some very unique and interesting items and boxed games that you don't see in a lot of collections - things that make it stand out from other collections I've seen on forums or youtube.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

His collection is definitely impressive and worth sharing with people online but i personally dont give a fuck, i was born in 85, even tho i had earlier systems my emotional attachment to video games doesnt start til the 32 bit era which is my personal favorite time for videogames

Not trying to bring the guy down tho as he's collecting for what im sure was the era that meant most to him, but i would much rather keep my own saturn/ps1 collection that only numbers in the low 100's than his pretty much complete set of every game for systems up til the snes numbering in the 1000's
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."