Thread: Where is the cheapest place to get battery holders.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Default Where is the cheapest place to get battery holders.

I have heard mention of mousers but that site has too much for me to know what I'm doing. There are tons of different sizes of CR2032 holders and I have no clue what size is the best. I'm looking to buy in bulk. I also don't want to get stuck with something I can't use or return. I sill plan on soldering directly to the battery while using the sand paper trick to help it stick.

However for my personal collection as well as games that are fairly expensive sub $20 dollars and more I can see using a holder as a precaution. I will solder directly to the battery on cheap common games. Unless I manage to get them in bulk cheaply. Having looked into these niche electronic sites, I see that you can get them pretty cheap when you buy in bulk.

Fir those of you who buy them what is your source?

Has anyone ordered from here and used these holders? Seems to be good pricing.

http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/...32-1.aspx?IM=0
    Last edited by needler420; 07-01-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) plasticMan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm not sure if i recommended the sand paper to you, but that's a good route to go if you plan on soldering directly to the battery.

what do you mean by bulk? how many are you looking to get? if you are looking to get a small amount like say 10 or so. then mouser would probably be your best source. if you are thinking about buying more then i would say newelectronx. so it really depends on which route your going.

quick note, watch mouser on the shipping cost. it tends to sneak up on you. hehe

also try eBay, allot of members from here seem to score over there.

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

The best place i buy bulk components from is newark element 14. The site is newark.com. try part numbers

Both of those are not definite. But will get you close to what your looking for. I have their 2500 page paper catalog, and that was what i could find. Depending on the part the more you buy the more you save. Again how much you save depends on the part. Worth a shot.