Thread: Where can I get a copy of Super Mario Bros. Unlimited? (Homebrew)

Cherry (Level 1) TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Where can I get a copy of Super Mario Bros. Unlimited? (Homebrew)

I've seen a couple videos of Super Mario Bros. Unlimited for the NES on YouTube and am super interested in buying it, any ideas where I can hunt down some homebrew titles?

Thanks in advance!
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA -- My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <----- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 11/4/13 The Retro Video Game Addict reviews: Tekken 2 for the PS1!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    I've seen a couple videos of Super Mario Bros. Unlimited for the NES on YouTube and am super interested in buying it, any ideas where I can hunt down some homebrew titles?

Thanks in advance!
    There are a few sites that make carts of hacks, homebrews imports, etc. But if you just want to play these games on real hardware, you might consider investing in a NES PowerPak. It may seem pricey, but you're gonna pay $25-30 apiece for repro NES carts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Prepare yourself for lots and lots of koopa hopping whichever route you choose.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you mean you want a repro cart of it? thenesdump.com

the rom file is easy enough to find....

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've just watched James and Mike play Super Mario Bros. Unlimited for the NES on YouTube and am super interested in buying it, any ideas where I can hunt down some homebrew titles?

Thanks in advance!
    Fixed. I may be wrong, but seeing as they just posted the video two weeks ago on Youtube of them playing that and another game, there's a good chance I'm not.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Fixed. I may be wrong, but seeing as they just posted the video two weeks ago on Youtube of them playing that and another game, there's a good chance I'm not.
    What the hell is James and Mike? LoL. I watched a complete run video today and another video highlighting the game recently.

EDIT: Typed in James and Mike into YouTube and came across the video you're talking about. Basically it's just that annoying video game nerd guy and a buddy playing the game. I checked out the video and it looks like they both liked it.
    Last edited by TheRetroVideoGameAddict; 07-02-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA -- My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <----- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just wish Super Mario Unlimited had more power ups, I believe all that you get are mushrooms and fire flowers.

If you dont mind me suggesting a few hacks you should definitely check out Mario Adventure (called the best SMB 3 hack of all time), Super Mario 3 and a Half (Hack of SMB 1, all levels changed to SMB 3 stages), Super Mario Silhouette (interesting just for the design of this game. Its beautiful if you ask me. All the backgrounds appear to have a "sun setting" effect and the main sprites are all black making a silhouette effect and a whole new challenge!), and not technically a hack, the prototype version of Super Mario 2 is identical to Doki Doki Panic except for the main characters, all of the levels remain the same (gambling stage is a green backdrop, waterfalls are super fast, pull out lamps instead of scientific beakers(?) for the special doors, pull out the racist blackface thing instead of turtle shells, etc.) Its cool to see the transitional point of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm open to homebrews and hacks but only as long as I can get them on carts and play them on my NES. If I can't then I won't even try them.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What the hell is James and Mike? LoL. I watched a complete run video today and another video highlighting the game recently.

EDIT: Typed in James and Mike into YouTube and came across the video you're talking about. Basically it's just that annoying video game nerd guy and a buddy playing the game. I checked out the video and it looks like they both liked it.
    You don't have a time stamp on your edit, meaning you edited your post less than a minute later. You had that much time to search James and Mike Super Mario Unlimited, click on the video that doesn't even say Super Mario Unlimited, rather it states "Mario/Zelda Homebrew (NES) James and Mike Play" then watch enough of it to know that they like it, or conveniently skip to where they seem like they're liking the game? I don't buy it.

You don't need to bullshit me. I doubt people here care if you watched James' video and now want to purchase the game. I like watching James' videos. Most people here do. Oh no. I watch a popular internet guys shows. Let me say I watched something else and now I'm interested. Plus your interest is so conveniently which I've already mentioned doesn't help.

*edited*

One minute later. See. Time stamp.

Okay, so it's after one minute. I still don't buy it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-02-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dude is a wanna be internet star....
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me, an internet star? Nah, just a dude who loves his games who happens to run a highly successful blog.

I never wanted to be big time, all I've ever wanted was to have a huge collection of great video games and enjoy discussing them with others. Mission successful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm open to homebrews and hacks but only as long as I can get them on carts and play them on my NES. If I can't then I won't even try them.
    You can get any NES game as a repro cart aside from a few oddball pirate games.