Thread: I have never got all the chaos emeralds in any of the sonic games..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I have never got all the chaos emeralds in any of the sonic games..

Feels bad man..

I am sitting here playing sonic 2 and yelling at tails because he always gets hit.. I forget isn't there a special stage post in one of the end zones you can abuse to get all the emeralds if you haven't got them by now?
    Last edited by SuperSonic; 07-02-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Never got them all? Then why the hell do you call yourself Super Sonic?

Might want to play 2 with only 1 character enabled instead of both Sonic and Tails together because of his delayed movements without a 2nd player controlling him.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post

Might want to play 2 with only 1 character enabled instead of both Sonic and Tails together because of his delayed movements without a 2nd player controlling him.

;~; how do you disable him? Oh I see in options.. That helps a ton for the special stages. I still suck tho.. Apparently you can get all the emeralds within the first 2 zones.

Oh and I have got all the emeralds in Sonic 4.. forgot aobut that.
    Last edited by SuperSonic; 07-02-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't worry about it. Until recently I never sat down and beat any of them. I had some free time and played through 1,2 and 3 over a few days and made it my goal. It wasn't difficult but I just never sat down and finished them and I had been playing them for over 20 years now. I still need to finish sonic and knuckles which happens to be my favorite sonic game.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post

myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really?

I'll admit the ones for Sonic 1/2 can be a bit difficult, but the special stages for Sonic 3/Knuckles are very easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    granz912

The special stages in Sonic 3 & Knuckles are pretty easy, and definitely more enjoyable than those found in Sonic 2. Although you can bring Tails along with you, he won't actually do anything except tag behind.

One of the things about Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles is that you can collect all the Emeralds in the first few stages. The developers purposefully put enough checkpoints and giant rings in those stages, possibly to compensate for the lack of battery back-up. Locating some of them can be tricky, but they're there.

Another game worth mentioning is Sonic 3D Blast. The special stages consist of narrow bridges containing rings and spikes, and there's a pretty generous helping of rings for that matter. It's kind of hard to miss too many of them, even if you do impale yourself on the spikes several times.

The special stages I hated most were those in Sonic Advance and Sonic CD. The collision detection in Advance's stages is just way off. It's nearly impossible to align yourself with any of the rings.

The stages in Sonic CD are completely ridiculous. You're running around this pseudo 3D plane trying to jump into blimps. The objective is to take out all blimps before the time limit expires. The problem is, the blimps practically teleport out of your way as soon as you jump near them, and accidentally landing yourself in a pool of water deducts 10 seconds from the timer for every millisecond you remain in the water. There's water everywhere, and jumping at any given time is likely going to put you in it.

To beat it all, you can't repeat any acts / zones you've already completed. As soon as you fail a special stage, the game forcibly saves your progress and doesn't let you go back. If you haven't collected enough Emeralds by the time you reach the final few acts, you're permanently screwed out of unlocking the good ending.

Suffice it to say, I don't like Sonic CD at all. No one should have to abuse save states to complete objectives in a Sonic game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by granz View Post
    The special stages in Sonic 3 & Knuckles are pretty easy, and definitely more enjoyable than those found in Sonic 2. Although you can bring Tails along with you, he won't actually do anything except tag behind.

One of the things about Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles is that you can collect all the Emeralds in the first few stages. The developers purposefully put enough checkpoints and giant rings in those stages, possibly to compensate for the lack of battery back-up. Locating some of them can be tricky, but they're there.

Another game worth mentioning is Sonic 3D Blast. The special stages consist of narrow bridges containing rings and spikes, and there's a pretty generous helping of rings for that matter. It's kind of hard to miss too many of them, even if you do impale yourself on the spikes several times.

The special stages I hated most were those in Sonic Advance and Sonic CD. The collision detection in Advance's stages is just way off. It's nearly impossible to align yourself with any of the rings.

The stages in Sonic CD are completely ridiculous. You're running around this pseudo 3D plane trying to jump into blimps. The objective is to take out all blimps before the time limit expires. The problem is, the blimps practically teleport out of your way as soon as you jump near them, and accidentally landing yourself in a pool of water deducts 10 seconds from the timer for every millisecond you remain in the water. There's water everywhere, and jumping at any given time is likely going to put you in it.

To beat it all, you can't repeat any acts / zones you've already completed. As soon as you fail a special stage, the game forcibly saves your progress and doesn't let you go back. If you haven't collected enough Emeralds by the time you reach the final few acts, you're permanently screwed out of unlocking the good ending.

Suffice it to say, I don't like Sonic CD at all. No one should have to abuse save states to complete objectives in a Sonic game.

Sonic CD is one of the best sonic games tho. But yeah the special stage blows plus having to get good future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I never got all the emeralds in any of them, I didn't see the point. I enjoyed the stages and gameplay for what it was without the perk of super sonic at the very end. I didn't much like how a lot of them were hidden or some of the annoyance factor in the mini games to get them on some games. Then again I didn't even own a Sonic game until the late 90s so I had more than enough systems and games to keep busy. Just play it however you feel is best as you don't need the emeralds.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need a game saver to do save states or something.. It is annoying to get 5 emerads and have to start over.