Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Good Stuff for sale. Need money....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

of course of course, thats why you made the thread in the first place, much less the other one...you're just a modern day virtual bizarro robin hood, sheesh..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

Quote Originally Posted by lakerstowin View Post
    If you read the whole thread and why I have done this you would see I am not saying fuck you. I refunded everybody their money. As much as an asshole that I am, I am not trying to steal the people's money on this board.
    You see, but you haven't. Simply issuing a refund doesn't mean shit. If you have no funds in the account tied to your PayPal account there is no refund, and there never will be. If you thought you could issue a refund, after draining your account and somehow PayPal would foot the bill you're mistaken. You're simply screwing us over. And telling us to fuck off, deal with PayPal who can't get us out money back because you've already taken the money and run. This reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer keeps saying that they'll "write it off" but doesn't even understand what they really entails, or means.

So, in the end, you did steal our money because we're not getting back regardless of your asinine suggestion. This is the worst justification I've ever heard in my life.
    Last edited by Polygon; 07-11-2013 at 06:39 AM.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

To people that have not got their money back from payfuck, please file a claim. You are protected from them if your verified. They will reimburse you, then go after me after the investigation is complete. By then, I am gone.
    And if they aren't verified? Then what?

You sir (and I use that term extremely loosely) are a piece of work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

I have filed my claim, we'll see how that ends up. I don't plan on seeing my money again.

Calling you scum would be an insult to scum. No, you are the kind of crap that scum would scrape from the bottom of it's shoe. You're a terrible person and I hope that someone robs you blind at some point leaving you no recourse. Then again, you would just come up with some way to scam people out of money again to recover your loss, and that would make it alright. You're no better than Bernie Madoff, just on a much smaller scale.

Like I said, if I ever ran into you, I would punch you in the throat. Regardless of if I get my money back or not, it's the least of what you would deserve.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

If you read the whole thread and why I have done this you would see I am not saying fuck you. I refunded everybody their money. As much as an asshole that I am, I am not trying to steal the people's money on this board. I hate pp more than the people hate me on this site.
    You can't justify this. Don't piss in your own pool. I know these guys and don't think that this is over by a long shot.

I got ripped 31000 off by them and I got just over 21 back. I am done now. Just wish there was another way to do it without using other people.
    I'll call bullshit on the 31000 but that doesn't matter.

If paypal really took 31000 from you then what makes you think Paypal will refund everyone else? The people who lost money to you what should they do? The same as you? Rip off someone else?

Which way is it? It can't be both ways. Does paypal rip people off or do they make everything right?

If they make it right then you shouldn't be out 31000.
    If they rip people off then you just put some good people in a bad position for your own gain.
    Last edited by Buyatari; 07-11-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnphase View Post
    totally man, my humble apologies for being a jerk.
    Water under the bridge man. Thank you though. When things like this happens emotions get the best of us.

Insert Coin (Level 0) segafan1989's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An eCheck payment from Sean Williams was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.

Just got this from paypal. Surprised? I'm not. Just another testament to your lies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An eCheck payment from Sean Williams was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.

Yep.. not going to see that money back. I can't file a claim, oh well. Live and learn.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If he's not actually refunding anyone then there's no reason to let him keep posting or for his thread to stay open.

It's goddamn awful that this guy managed to scam a number of our fellow gamers and collectors, but I'd really like to thank and commend BeaglePuss for doing some incredible detective work, outing this guy for the scumbag he is, refusing to back down, and deterring others from falling into the same trap. You literally make the classic gaming community better in spite of scammers like this who seem hellbent on making it worse. Thank you.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Just to add,

As you can see he's now banned. I've gone and banned EVERY IP that he's used to access this site from that account. No other usernames accessed the site from those IPs. While that doesn't mean that he doesn't have alt account(s), any alt he could have possibly used never accessed DP using any IP that the lakerstowin account did, which as BuyAtari pointed out, was over a 4+ year period.

I'll be doing a little reaching out to NA to see if we can cull any other possible IP's or usernames that this lovely individual has used on their forums to be extra special sure we've done our best to prevent him from getting back onto the boards or to use them going forward.

Additionally I'd like to say thanks again to BeaglePuss for quickly starting the volley against him and keeping at him to slow the possibility of others also getting taken for additional cash.

From the look of it, a number of users have been caught in his scam. We're very sorry that this has happened to you and hopefully something good can come out on PayPal's end.

We don't know how many people he got, so if you were one of the taken, please shoot me a PM so that we can at least get a list of who was affected. Not sure if anything will come of it, but having that information doesn't hurt.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Thanks to some additional info I've now discovered a few alt accounts. I am in the process of banning all of those IP's and other associated things related to those accounts.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Just wanted to do one additional follow-up.

With known info and digging, I ended up finding 5 accounts, and somewhere in the range of 50 different IP's that he used to access these forums. While I can't say that he won't use additional IP's and new names to get back onto DP, based on what I've been passed, I banned a number of emails he's known to use as well as each IP that he used to access DP on those 5 accounts.

While scams against our users are rare, they have happened a few times over the decade I've been here. They always hurt not just those who were taken advantage of, but the entire forums. Breeding fear and contempt between the community, which isn't a good thing. Buyers, please do your homework and check to see if the images used in sales are actually unique images or if they've been lifted. Just drag them into google, it'll do a search on them. It's pretty spiffy.

Check our user feedback sub-forum for signs of possible issues. Not that it'll be a end all be all answer, it'll add a little insight. Also if you've got issues, ask questions. Ask for additional pictures, make sure you're posting not just that you sent a PM in the thread but what you're interested in.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog