Thread: Buying a couple Sega Master System games (must be complete)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Buying a couple Sega Master System games (must be complete)

I decided I wanted to play a couple of these in all their original glory (actually, not really, I'll be playing them through a SMS-Genesis converter lol).

So I would like to acquire these in complete and Good-to-excellent condition

I'd like to avoid paying ebay prices so if anyone here has any and would like to hook a fellow member up, I would greatly appreciate it remember its going to an avid collector's home (I'll play them, too!). I understand some of these might be pricey, just send me your offer please.

so, without further ado:

Phantasy Star
    Outrun
    Ys Vanishing Omens
    California games
    Assault City (looks good, is it?)
    Afterburner
    Space Harrier

Anyone have any suggestions for games? especially good cheap ones =D

Edit to add these:

Spellcaster
    Wonderboy 3-Dragons Trap
    Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
    Kensieden
    (thanks FieryReign)

Thanks.

PS. It has come to my attention that the SMS controller works on the genesis. I would like a couple controllers too if anyone has any in nice condition.

Please send your offers!
    Last edited by postulio; 07-09-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldn't bother with Outrun, Space Harrier, or Afterburner. They are pretty shoddy ports, the SMS simply wasn't capable of duplicating the arcade games. If you have a Dreamcast or GBA, they can be found on Shenmue and Sega Arcade Gallery. Since you're playing on a Genesis, even that version of Outrun is much better. Same with Phantasy Star and the various compilations.

I would recommend Spellcaster, a unique hybrid of adventure game and sidescroller. Wonderboy 3-Dragons Trap and Alex Kidd in Shinobi World are a couple more good ones. Kensieden is a hack n slasher with nice graphics but it's ridiculously hard.
    Last edited by FieryReign; 07-09-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    I wouldn't bother with Outrun, Space Harrier, or Afterburner. They are pretty shoddy ports, the SMS simply wasn't capable of duplicating the arcade games. If you have a Dreamcast or GBA, they can be found on Shenmue and Sega Arcade Gallery. Since you're playing on a Genesis, even that version of Outrun is much better. Same with Phantasy Star and the various compilations.

I would recommend Spellcaster, a unique hybrid of adventure game and sidescroller. Wonderboy 3-Dragons Trap and Alex Kidd in Shinobi World are a couple more good ones. Kensieden is a hack n slasher with nice graphics but it's ridiculously hard.
    THanks for the suggestions, added those to WTB post.

I am not necessarily looking for the best possible version of the game so much as I want to spend a weekend 'in the era' of the SMS with some of its funnest/best/most popular games. A trip back in time so to speak. Hopefully I like some of them enough to keep playing till i beat them. I never had an SMS growing up and those are some of the games i remember kids in school talking about and seeing in stores (alas my parents would never buy any of em).

Thanks again,

[bump]