Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 84

Thread: Pirate game soundtracks! Check your discs!

  1. #51
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hey, have just recently joined, and introduced myself on the board.

    I also fell into the trap of accidentally buying a pirated CD,, and I purchased a Metal Gear Solid 3 First Bite CD, which, if it was real, would contain a "Special Key Camouflage", however since it was fake, my PS2 couldn't register the CD.

    As I have a real copy of another Metal Gear Solid 3 sountrack, which works, and gives me the special camouflage. When I look on the back of the CD there are different layers for the audio, and another layer for the PS2 to register.

    Is there anything I can do to get back at the eBay seller, or get a real copy of the CD?

  2. #52
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Aussie2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,788

    Default

    You can always report the seller to eBay, but sadly, eBay tends to do nothing even with sellers who sell thousands of pirated albums.

  3. #53
    Jessica's Knight / SOFEL Fanboy InsaneDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    7,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lincoln174
    Is there anything I can do to get back at the eBay seller, or get a real copy of the CD?
    You also have to remember a lot of the time if a seller is selling a handfull of pirate CD's they might not even be aware of it themselves, just reselling stuff they've had for awhile. (let's be honest, eBay is the worldwide garage sale) Don't always point the finger at the seller because "THEY should have known better", as this thread demonstrated many people have purchased pirate soundtrack CD's for years and not even noticed it - and some still not really care that they have pirate copies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    And since the day it went on the market, every damn copy of the Ridge Racer Type 4 soundtrack I come across has been an EverAnime copy. With artwork on the inside from the game, Reiko Nagase on the back of the case, stills from the game on the inside, and Namco right on the front - was this the only release and possibly a legal one?
    http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f39339917

    Here's a couple photos of a legit copy. Seems there's no back insert (both copies on Yahoo ATM don't have one). My Parappa the Rapper soundtrack is like that, though, so it's not surprising.
    Damn, thank you! The EverAnime release has the back cover of the booklet as the disc image (instead of Reiko Nagase) and the part number is different as well (GM-094 instead of ZMCX-103). The booklet covers are also more orange than yellow. Oh well, I'm not bummed, as I said in a much earlier post I bought what was available. Until there's a real push to sell the soundtracks direct from the publishers in the states I souldn't have to bust my ass looking for originals, the music is what I'm interested as.
    Contributing Writer, Retrogaming Times Monthly 2004 - 2013
    Chief Editor, The Retrogaming Times 2016 - Present *NEW RETROGAMING HOBBYIST NEWSLETTER!*


  4. #54
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    323
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

    Default

    You can't sell modded systems or unlicensed games on ebay but you can sell pirate music cds and dvds, funny

    XBL: ArthurOtaku
    PSN: Arthur-Otaku

  5. #55
    Jessica's Knight / SOFEL Fanboy InsaneDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    7,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-Otaku
    You can't sell modded systems or unlicensed games on ebay but you can sell pirate music cds and dvds, funny
    You can sell modded systems, I do it all the time. However you just have to be careful of your wording and make SURE you note that the modifications do not imply piracy in any way.
    Contributing Writer, Retrogaming Times Monthly 2004 - 2013
    Chief Editor, The Retrogaming Times 2016 - Present *NEW RETROGAMING HOBBYIST NEWSLETTER!*


  6. #56
    Cherry (Level 1) Yamazaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Japan, Kyoto
    Posts
    391

    Default

    That's funny now. In Europe the SM and Co problem is quilte well-known. It was around 2001/2002 that people became aware of it.
    Guns don't kill people,
    Chuck Norris kills people!

  7. #57
    Apple (Level 5) DTJAAAAMJSLM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,163
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

    Default

    *Sigh* I just discovered that a few of my precious soundtracks are actually bootlegs thanks to this thread...

  8. #58
    Cherry (Level 1) Yamazaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Japan, Kyoto
    Posts
    391

    Default

    My sympathies for you buddy.

    Unfortunately ebay doesn't give shit about those bootlegs, since they are supposed to be a "grey zone".
    And there are sellers with more than 100 auctions every week!
    Guns don't kill people,
    Chuck Norris kills people!

  9. #59
    Strawberry (Level 2) Mark III's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    580

    Default

    The cover of my castlevania soundtrack is just a paper sleeve with "MUSIC" written across it with a pen, is that a bad sign?

  10. #60
    Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Sailorneorune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Henderson, KY
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Bought a SotN soundtrack from someone on GameTZ; it was the EverAnime bootleg after he said it was legit.

    I sent him a polite e-mail informing him that it was not the legitimate Konami release and included a link to the Pirate Anime FAQ on page 1, as well as the legit product's listing on Play-Asia.com.

    I left him a "poor" for honesty on the GameTZ feedback system, and he continues to insist that he sent me the legit product.

    /sigh
    //to be continued
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

    DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

  11. #61
    Kirby (Level 13) Drexel923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Somerdale, NJ
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Can anyone post links or images to legit Final Fantasy 3/6 soundtracks? I found a bunch on eBay, but I have a feeling that most of them are fake. Thanks.

  12. #62
    Pac-Man (Level 10) VACRMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,959
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    Can anyone post links or images to legit Final Fantasy 3/6 soundtracks? I found a bunch on eBay, but I have a feeling that most of them are fake. Thanks.
    Here's some info from Chudah's Clicky

    You may want to just ask the seller what company released the CD, that's what I usually do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

  13. #63
    Jessica's Knight / SOFEL Fanboy InsaneDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    7,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH View Post
    You may want to just ask the seller what company released the CD, that's what I usually do.
    That's the smartest way to go about it, just asking for more information. That way no one is accusing anyone of anything and you'll get a straight answer. Great tip!
    Contributing Writer, Retrogaming Times Monthly 2004 - 2013
    Chief Editor, The Retrogaming Times 2016 - Present *NEW RETROGAMING HOBBYIST NEWSLETTER!*


  14. #64
    Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Treasure Trove Cove, in California
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Yeah, but they're not THAT high. Your prices are overinflated compared to the real market values. You try to squeeze good deals out of the fans on marketplace forums by giving offers so low that they're insulting, and then you try to immediately sell back the same albums to the same communities with a ridiculous price inflation.

    It's bad enough to see you constantly hawking your goods at SoundtrackCentral and Chudah's Corner, but now I gotta put up with it here too? :/ You could at least make some attempt to be a real member with posts that actually contribute to discussions, but so far, 99% of your posts are for advertisement purposes. And while you can get away with it in the forums intended for advertising, at the very least, have the decency to not crap up this forum and other discussion forums with that stuff.

    I apologize to everyone for getting off-topic and ranting. I just don't want anyone falling sucker to her misleading advertising and ridiculous prices.
    you don't have to like prices, that's your right.
    but while you complain, I actually have been selling game music for a long time, and people are extremely pleased with my service.
    I do offer legit, authentic products from Japan.
    I don't remember when I bought something off the soundtrack forums, I'm selling soundtracks imported from Japan so prices are higher.
    you're a complete jerk, I'm always helping people identifying legit soundtracks and many comes to me, just so I can help them with various game music problems.
    you're the one who doesn't actually do a single thing for the community, so get lost and stop ranting.
    better try to kick pirate sellers like custom-specialists(who record cd's and then claim they are the real thing) off of ebay.
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 01-17-2007 at 04:59 PM.

  15. #65
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I have a soundtrack from the first kingdom hearts...looks pretty darn legit..can anyone tell me who did the soundtrack...mine is from Alion, but it seriously looks like any legit cd ive ever owned... and my kingdom hearts 2 soundtrack is from miya records... can anyone tell me? im pretty sure the kh 1 is a pirate...considering it doesnt say squaresoft of square enix ANYWHERE on it or in the book..

  16. #66
    Avoiding OT Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA
    Posts
    4,397
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewindera7xo7 View Post
    I have a soundtrack from the first kingdom hearts...looks pretty darn legit..can anyone tell me who did the soundtrack...mine is from Alion, but it seriously looks like any legit cd ive ever owned... and my kingdom hearts 2 soundtrack is from miya records... can anyone tell me? im pretty sure the kh 1 is a pirate...considering it doesnt say squaresoft of square enix ANYWHERE on it or in the book..
    They are both bootlegs. These are originals you can compare them to:
    http://otaku.com/cgi-bin/itemview.asp?itemid=59944f
    http://otaku.com/cgi-bin/itemview.asp?itemid=68246e


  17. #67
    Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Treasure Trove Cove, in California
    Posts
    666

    Default

    there is also European Kingdom Hearts OST release which is of course legit, you can even buy it at your local fry's electronics(some of them are still carrying it).

  18. #68
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Aussie2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess-Isabela View Post
    you don't have to like prices, that's your right.
    but while you complain, I actually have been selling game music for a long time, and people are extremely pleased with my service.
    I do offer legit, authentic products from Japan.
    I don't remember when I bought something off the soundtrack forums, I'm selling soundtracks imported from Japan so prices are higher.
    you're a complete jerk, I'm always helping people identifying legit soundtracks and many comes to me, just so I can help them with various game music problems.
    you're the one who doesn't actually do a single thing for the community, so get lost and stop ranting.
    better try to kick pirate sellers like custom-specialists(who record cd's and then claim they are the real thing) off of ebay.
    I would get the pirate sellers off of eBay if I could, but eBay doesn't care enough to listen to my complaints or anyone else's.

    So instead I try to help my fellow video game music fans by steering them away from those sellers, and that's what I'm doing here too. You can call me a jerk if you want, but I'm not aiming to be nice; I'm trying to warn the people who may not be as well-versed in soundtrack values and rarities as fans on music-focused communities, so I was never specifically looking for a response from you with my prior post.

    If people don't want to listen to me, they can check out these topics and decide for themselves:

    http://www.altpop.com/stc/forums/viewtopic.php?id=549
    http://www.altpop.com/stc/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1483

    Everything I claimed is backed up by many other people, and most of those people are also pillars of the soundtrack collecting community. The matter may not be as black and white as someone selling pirates, but clearly there are plenty of people unhappy with your business practices and possessing a view that you're leeching off of the video game music community.

    And finally, saying I don't do a single thing for the community is a silly thing to say, especially when you don't even know who the heck I am.

  19. #69
    Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Treasure Trove Cove, in California
    Posts
    666

    Default

    if you do want to know, many people of these aforementioned boards apologized personally for their behavior after hearing what kind of service I'm providing.
    the problem with you is you don't even know who I am as well and what I do for VGM community, you do seem unpolite because you've never dealt with me and you're backing your arguments off some silly posts which were written by the very same people who admitted were doing the same thing for a period of time - reselling with a profit, there is nothing wrong with that as long you're selling genuine items and let people know what they're getting) .
    are you a bootlegger from ebay by any chance?
    few people who read your post suggested it.
    highly unlikely, but your attitude does seem a little peculiar, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 08-28-2007 at 02:08 AM.

  20. #70
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Aussie2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,788

    Default

    Uh, what? First of all, if you're so concerned with what I say, why does it take you over half a year to reply?

    Who on earth would think I'm a bootlegger? What could possibly give anyone that impression?

    If you don't like what I think and say, fine; to some people, business is just business. I apply some morals to how I view and conduct business, however, and I think you take advantage of your own fellow collectors. You're in the same group of people that try to convince someone new to collecting older games that a Super Mario Bros. cart is "MEGA R@RE" and worth 20 bucks. Except those sellers tend to get their copies of Super Mario Bros. at thrift stores and what have you. You weasel your items out of the same community that's collecting it. You'll go to fan communities, where people just want to trade and sell their unwanted stuff to other people that would appreciate it, and you try to snap up every reasonable or low-priced soundtrack you can find before anybody else can get to it just so you can throw it up on eBay and set a Buy It Now several times what it's actually worth and wait until a sucker comes along and buys it.

    Going back to the Super Mario Bros. analogy, what you do would be like not only selling Super Mario Bros. to a sucker for $20 but ALSO combing the Digital Press Marketplace forum for every cheap copy you can find to supply your selling habits, leaving no fair prices for the fans just looking to collect by buying and selling among each other.

    I know the buying to resell game very well, since I do it myself, but I apply some standards to how I practice. I buy my items from thrift stores and pawn shops and what have you, not fan forums, and when I list them for sale, I check completed auctions on eBay to find a fair price based on what people have already been paying.

  21. #71
    Avoiding OT Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA
    Posts
    4,397
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess-Isabela View Post
    if you do want to know, many people of these aforementioned boards apologized personally for their behavior after hearing what kind of service I'm providing.
    the problem with you is you don't even know who I am as well and what I do for VGM community, you do seem unpolite because you've never dealt with me and you're backing your arguments off some silly posts which were written by the very same people who admitted were doing the same thing for a period of time - reselling with a profit, there is nothing wrong with that as long you're selling genuine items and let people know what they're getting) .
    are you a bootlegger from ebay by any chance?
    few people who read your post suggested it.
    highly unlikely, but your attitude does seem a little peculiar, that's for sure.
    Aussie2B a bootlegger? That's the funniest thing I have heard all day. It's too bad it wasn't meant to be a joke.

    She is/was just trying to let people know that your prices are often higher than what most would call reasonable. That's doing something for the community.

    You got a plug in for your sales, she got one in against them. I don't see a problem, it seems fair to me. She isn't accusing you of being a scammer or anything you are not. Especially considering most would probably agree with her sentiments regarding your prices. I know I do.

    That conkers soundtrack for $180? I saw one, yes the same one in the same condition, sell for something like $10 recently.

    $80 Mario Tennis CD? A bunch are going for $5-$10 each on yahoo japan.

    $130 Paper Mario OST? $30 "Buy-it-now" on yahoo japan

    $100 Majora's Mask OST? Again, plenty on Yahoo Japan for less: $12, $15 ($30 BIN)



    Those are pretty exorbitant I would say. And before you even think of mentioning deputy fees and stuff for buying from yahoo japan, know this. Even after all of that, you would still be paying a ton less than your prices.


  22. #72
    Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Treasure Trove Cove, in California
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    Aussie2B a bootlegger? That's the funniest thing I have heard all day. It's too bad it wasn't meant to be a joke.

    She is/was just trying to let people know that your prices are often higher than what most would call reasonable. That's doing something for the community.

    You got a plug in for your sales, she got one in against them. I don't see a problem, it seems fair to me. She isn't accusing you of being a scammer or anything you are not. Especially considering most would probably agree with her sentiments regarding your prices. I know I do.

    That conkers soundtrack for $180? I saw one, yes the same one in the same condition, sell for something like $10 recently.

    $80 Mario Tennis CD? A bunch are going for $5-$10 each on yahoo japan.

    $130 Paper Mario OST? $30 "Buy-it-now" on yahoo japan

    $100 Majora's Mask OST? Again, plenty on Yahoo Japan for less: $12, $15 ($30 BIN)



    Those are pretty exorbitant I would say. And before you even think of mentioning deputy fees and stuff for buying from yahoo japan, know this. Even after all of that, you would still be paying a ton less than your prices.
    @ aussie person - I'm not browsing these forums frequently, only on occasion, so my response was submitted once spotted.
    @ vectorman - well you're mentioning ost's that are now on Yahoo Japan, but I bought them when they were expensive and thus naturally I try to get some of invested $ back.
    as for Conker OST, can you give me link to auction ended @ $10?
    I'm one of the US sellers still providing genuine Game Soundtracks, many others gone out of business because it wasn't worth their time/profitable enough.
    Game Soundtracks market is states is very weak compared to Japan.
    ebay is flooded with bootlegs(about 5% of them are authentic).
    check my other prices on soundtracks/games, they are very fair, we live in states and prices are naturally higher.
    what I don't understand that there are some real losers getting hostile like crazy just because they don't like some of the prices.
    there are many people who are selling their stuff at very high prices, I do not go on message boards and keep hijacking their sales, so much about immorality.
    be polite and state your issues with the sales if you have to, - be mature about it.

  23. #73
    Avoiding OT Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA
    Posts
    4,397
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess-Isabela View Post
    @ aussie person - I'm not browsing these forums frequently, only on occasion, so my response was submitted once spotted.
    @ vectorman - well you're mentioning ost's that are now on Yahoo Japan, but I bought them when they were expensive and thus naturally I try to get some of invested $ back.
    as for Conker OST, can you give me link to auction ended @ $10?
    I'm one of the US sellers still providing genuine Game Soundtracks, many others gone out of business because it wasn't worth their time/profitable enough.
    Game Soundtracks market is states is very weak compared to Japan.
    ebay is flooded with bootlegs(about 5% of them are authentic).
    check my other prices on soundtracks/games, they are very fair, we live in states and prices are naturally higher.
    what I don't understand that there are some real losers getting hostile like crazy just because they don't like some of the prices.
    there are many people who are selling their stuff at very high prices, I do not go on message boards and keep hijacking their sales, so much about immorality.
    be polite and state your issues with the sales if you have to, - be mature about it.
    The Conker OST changed hands at a game convention I went to. I think it was actually purchased with like 10 game promo shirts for $30, and the soundtrack was thrown in for free. I can get the specifics if you really want. I remember hearing from the seller it was like a $50 soundtrack, but he didn't really care.

    Also, my previous post was probably as mature and polite as you could ever hope for on an internet forum, without me holding back what I actually think. It wasn't meant to be mean, just point out that some of your prices are pretty crazy.


  24. #74
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Aussie2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess-Isabela View Post
    there are many people who are selling their stuff at very high prices, I do not go on message boards and keep hijacking their sales, so much about immorality.
    All I have to say about that is that this forum isn't for plugging your sales in the first place, so there's no "hijacking" going on. I mean, if you made a "for sale" topic in the Marketplace forum, I'm smart enough to not reply to the thread with "your prices are too high" or such, but this topic and this Import forum exist for sharing information. As far as I'm concerned, it's fair game for discussions of who people should and shouldn't buy from. I'm sure other people's information has helped me in my shopping, so I'm always willing to help steer other game/soundtrack collectors toward good deals and away from what I consider rip-offs.

  25. #75
    Key (Level 9) Fuyukaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,856
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

    Default

    wow. talk about a train wreck conversation!

    back on topic, so far the only game soundtracks i've got are all legit ones. i'd like more but it's so rare that i even want to hear the music from a game. often times, even if i like something the particular song or background music wont even be on it. the jet set radio has been a favorite of mine though. wish i could have got the one for phantasy star online when it was first released.

Similar Threads

  1. Check out my pirate game blog!
    By Parodius Duh! in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 04:03 PM
  2. Rarity Check: Sonic 4 SNES pirate cart
    By Parodius Duh! in forum What's It Worth?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 11:09 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 03:49 PM
  4. interesting site selling kinda odd pirate stuff check it out
    By nothingisttrue in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 12:11 PM
  5. Check your PSX Demo Discs
    By kevincure in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 03:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •