Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default God's Revenge: Fire, floods, thieves and... game collections

In fictional video games, God is the final boss and the main characters kill him. In non-fiction reality, God has the last laugh. He burns games, he floods games, and with the help of Satan, taps into the dark side of humans and convinces them to become thieves and steal games.

When a traffic accident happens, although it is a tragic event, many passersby, whether on foot or by car cannot help but to take a look at the scene of the tragedy. They know they're not going to like what the see (blood, fire, corpses etc) but they cannot help their morbid curiosity.

When someone's game collection goes up in fire, we too cannot help but to click the thread and read up on all its disturbing details. For every wellwisher posting prayers for the unfortunate soul who lost his game collection, there are 10 lurkers thinking "this world really is screwed up but I can't help reading about it!"

As a gamer, these are the sort of "traffic accidents" that I stop my car for. It reminds you how insignificant you really are in this world. I've read about many game collections that went up in smoke but funnily enough, I can't find them anymore. Perhaps you can help. I will only be listing ones where significant amounts of games were stolen etc, not just a few games or consoles.

http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/in...p?topic=7366.0
    Origin of news: Famicom World forum thread
    Damages: Fire burns down $50,000+ Famicom collection including many rare and priceless things. Owner of collection suffers second-degree burns. Customers of the owner also financially affected or delays in product delivery.
    Post-disaster: Status and whereabouts of collection owner unknown.

More to come when I find them. I might also expand the thread to include other interesting morbid things like convicted murderers that had active forum (1000+ posts) accounts (Neo Geo forums).
    Last edited by GodofHardcore; 07-16-2013 at 10:17 AM.