Thread: NES BitBox from Stone Age Gamer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES BitBox from Stone Age Gamer

anyone bought any of these? Wanted to know about the quality? Are they 'bulky'? Thought about getting a ten pack, just don't know how much space 10 would take up.

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/bitbox-...e-10-pack.html

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that looks like it would get expensive fast, specially if you want printed inserts. Cool idea though.
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just wanted about ten or so for my favorite games, wouldn't buy them for my whole collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    anyone bought any of these? Wanted to know about the quality? Are they 'bulky'? Thought about getting a ten pack, just don't know how much space 10 would take up.

I've got a handful. They're a lot bigger than UGCs (if you're familiar with those at all). Too big for the shelves that I made, and a tad too pricey for as many loose carts as I have.

That said, they're pretty decent cases. They also hold SNES, N64, and Genesis games fairly well too!

Even TG-16 fits with a little creative thinking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for pics wiggy.

The cases (as stated) are larger than the UGC (although thickness is about the same), however we did take all the UGC art and upscale it slightly it fit it properly. The OP only linked to the 10-pack, but we do sell them in Singles, 10-pack, 25-pack, 50-pack, and 100-pack. Obviously the larger the pack the cheaper per case. Currently with 100-pack you get the cover art printing for free. We have an easy-to-use system to select your cover art and half of the cover art cost is donated to TheCoverProject.net. In the case of the 100-pack which currently has free printing, $5 is donated. You can see a quick video of it here: http://youtu.be/i2c_3AR_3HU

I am very familiar with the UGC since I use it for a lot of the Deluxe Edition EverDrives. The BitBox cases are higher quality and more durable. Obviously these were made specifically for NES carts so they fit NES carts like a glove. No rattling when case is closed, but easy to get out. Depending on the success of the NES version of the case we plan on releasing them for other carts as well.

The product is made in the U.S.A. which did add a bit to the cost, but it was important to us. Some people have compared them to the Disney VHS cases. They use a similar production method, but BitBox use a thicker mil plastic and feel (and should be) more durable.
    Last edited by StoneAgeGamer; 07-20-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks!. Like I said, I'll probably pick up a ten pack for my top games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeGamer View Post
    Thanks for pics wiggy.

The cases (as stated) are larger than the UGC (although thickness is about the same), however we did take all the UGC art and upscale it slightly it fit it properly. The OP only linked to the 10-pack, but we do sell them in Singles, 10-pack, 25-pack, 50-pack, and 100-pack. Obviously the larger the pack the cheaper per case. Currently with 100-pack you get the cover art printing for free. We have an easy-to-use system to select your cover art and half of the cover art cost is donated to TheCoverProject.net. In the case of the 100-pack which currently has free printing, $5 is donated. You can see a quick video of it here: http://youtu.be/i2c_3AR_3HU

I am very familiar with the UGC since I use it for a lot of the Deluxe Edition EverDrives. The BitBox cases are higher quality and more durable. Obviously these were made specifically for NES carts so they fit NES carts like a glove. No rattling when case is closed, but easy to get out. Depending on the success of the NES version of the case we plan on releasing them for other carts as well.

The product is made in the U.S.A. which did add a bit to the cost, but it was important to us. Some people have compared them to the Disney VHS cases. They use a similar production method, but BitBox use a thicker mil plastic and feel (and should be) more durable.
    I'll vouch for this. The UGC is fragile! Like, drop it from 2 feet off the ground and expect to lose a corner

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    I'll vouch for this. The UGC is fragile! Like, drop it from 2 feet off the ground and expect to lose a corner
    Hell, I've never order any that have even ARRIVED in one piece.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Hell, I've never order any that have even ARRIVED in one piece.
    Very true. I love my UGCs but I think at least 8 of the 100 pack were damaged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Media shelving now has an option for a 2nd outter box. I've ordered with that option the last two times and only had one slightly cracked case in each

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    Thought about getting a ten pack, just don't know how much space 10 would take up.

from the link
    Height: 7 11⁄16", Width: 6", Thickness: 1" (19.53cm x 15.24cm x 2.54cm)

so, assuming you're shelving them next to each other, 10 should take just over 10" (25.4cm) of shelf space