Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: NES BitBox from Stone Age Gamer

  1. #1
    Peach (Level 3) Flam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    629
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default NES BitBox from Stone Age Gamer

    anyone bought any of these? Wanted to know about the quality? Are they 'bulky'? Thought about getting a ten pack, just don't know how much space 10 would take up.

    http://www.stoneagegamer.com/bitbox-...e-10-pack.html

  2. #2
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    that looks like it would get expensive fast, specially if you want printed inserts. Cool idea though.
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

  3. #3
    Peach (Level 3) Flam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    629
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I just wanted about ten or so for my favorite games, wouldn't buy them for my whole collection

  4. #4
    Key (Level 9) wiggyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,844
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    anyone bought any of these? Wanted to know about the quality? Are they 'bulky'? Thought about getting a ten pack, just don't know how much space 10 would take up.

    http://www.stoneagegamer.com/bitbox-...e-10-pack.html
    I've got a handful. They're a lot bigger than UGCs (if you're familiar with those at all). Too big for the shelves that I made, and a tad too pricey for as many loose carts as I have.

    That said, they're pretty decent cases. They also hold SNES, N64, and Genesis games fairly well too!









    Even TG-16 fits with a little creative thinking


  5. #5
    Cherry (Level 1) StoneAgeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    368
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for pics wiggy.

    The cases (as stated) are larger than the UGC (although thickness is about the same), however we did take all the UGC art and upscale it slightly it fit it properly. The OP only linked to the 10-pack, but we do sell them in Singles, 10-pack, 25-pack, 50-pack, and 100-pack. Obviously the larger the pack the cheaper per case. Currently with 100-pack you get the cover art printing for free. We have an easy-to-use system to select your cover art and half of the cover art cost is donated to TheCoverProject.net. In the case of the 100-pack which currently has free printing, $5 is donated. You can see a quick video of it here: http://youtu.be/i2c_3AR_3HU

    I am very familiar with the UGC since I use it for a lot of the Deluxe Edition EverDrives. The BitBox cases are higher quality and more durable. Obviously these were made specifically for NES carts so they fit NES carts like a glove. No rattling when case is closed, but easy to get out. Depending on the success of the NES version of the case we plan on releasing them for other carts as well.

    The product is made in the U.S.A. which did add a bit to the cost, but it was important to us. Some people have compared them to the Disney VHS cases. They use a similar production method, but BitBox use a thicker mil plastic and feel (and should be) more durable.
    Last edited by StoneAgeGamer; 07-20-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com

  6. #6
    Peach (Level 3) Flam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    629
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks!. Like I said, I'll probably pick up a ten pack for my top games.

  7. #7
    Key (Level 9) wiggyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,844
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeGamer View Post
    Thanks for pics wiggy.

    The cases (as stated) are larger than the UGC (although thickness is about the same), however we did take all the UGC art and upscale it slightly it fit it properly. The OP only linked to the 10-pack, but we do sell them in Singles, 10-pack, 25-pack, 50-pack, and 100-pack. Obviously the larger the pack the cheaper per case. Currently with 100-pack you get the cover art printing for free. We have an easy-to-use system to select your cover art and half of the cover art cost is donated to TheCoverProject.net. In the case of the 100-pack which currently has free printing, $5 is donated. You can see a quick video of it here: http://youtu.be/i2c_3AR_3HU

    I am very familiar with the UGC since I use it for a lot of the Deluxe Edition EverDrives. The BitBox cases are higher quality and more durable. Obviously these were made specifically for NES carts so they fit NES carts like a glove. No rattling when case is closed, but easy to get out. Depending on the success of the NES version of the case we plan on releasing them for other carts as well.

    The product is made in the U.S.A. which did add a bit to the cost, but it was important to us. Some people have compared them to the Disney VHS cases. They use a similar production method, but BitBox use a thicker mil plastic and feel (and should be) more durable.
    I'll vouch for this. The UGC is fragile! Like, drop it from 2 feet off the ground and expect to lose a corner

  8. #8
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    I'll vouch for this. The UGC is fragile! Like, drop it from 2 feet off the ground and expect to lose a corner
    Hell, I've never order any that have even ARRIVED in one piece.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  9. #9
    Peach (Level 3)
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    742
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Hell, I've never order any that have even ARRIVED in one piece.
    Very true. I love my UGCs but I think at least 8 of the 100 pack were damaged.

  10. #10
    Key (Level 9) wiggyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,844
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Media shelving now has an option for a 2nd outter box. I've ordered with that option the last two times and only had one slightly cracked case in each

  11. #11
    16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    BlastProcessing402's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,282
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    Thought about getting a ten pack, just don't know how much space 10 would take up.

    http://www.stoneagegamer.com/bitbox-...e-10-pack.html
    from the link
    Height: 7 11⁄16", Width: 6", Thickness: 1" (19.53cm x 15.24cm x 2.54cm)

    so, assuming you're shelving them next to each other, 10 should take just over 10" (25.4cm) of shelf space

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 03:59 PM
  2. Stone Age Gamer - Holiday Specials
    By StoneAgeGamer in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •