I knew she was trouble the moment she stepped through my doorway. She said her name was "Steam;" that she had a proposition for me and that I'd do well to listen close. Now, I'm no stranger to mysterious women and their troubles, especially since I started putting "We specialize is mysterious women and their troubles" on the advert for the agency, but something about her told me I needed to be careful.

Maybe it was the way she carried herself as she walked to my desk, or the glint off the snubnose revolver tucked beneath her heavy, snow-soaked coat.

"For the next 40 or so hours, Prison Architect costs $19.79," she said. "Assassin's Creed 3 has also been discounted, down to $23.99."

Before I could say anything, she rattled off more alien names and their associated prices: Worms Revolution for $3.73, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for $5.09, Omerta: City of Gangsters for $9.99 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 for $3.39. I didn't know what any of it meant. I was confused as hell, and she just kept going.

"Saints Row The Third is just $4.99," she said, her voice now a dead, flat monotone. "Meanwhile, Natural Selection 2 is $6.24, Starforge Alpha is $9.99 and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed costs just $7.49."

"Lady," I said, "you're an insane person and I want you to get out of my office." It would be hours before I discovered that all of my money had walked out with her.Steam Summer Getaway Sale, day 10: Prison Architect, Assassin's Creed 3, Saints Row The Third and more originally appeared on Joystiq on Sat, 20 Jul 2013 16:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments