View Poll Results: Should there be more ugly female characters and fewer attractive female chracters in video games?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes there should be

0 0%
  • No there shouldn't be

0 0%
  • Undecided

0 0%

Thread: Solving sexism in video games: Best ugly human female video game character?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Solving sexism in video games: Best ugly human female video game character?

I've been watching Anita Sarkeesian's YouTube videos as well as other feminism-related videos and I have to agree with the general theme: women in video games are mainly used for two things:

1) Damsel in distress. Female characters are always helpless and needs a man to save her. She also acts as a man's trophy.
    2) Sex symbol. In this case, the female character is nothing more than eye candy and masturbation fodder for the male gamer.

Both problems can be solved at the same time. What I propose is the giving ugly female characters a greater role in video games.

How can ugly female characters solve sexism in video games? Well:

1) Ugly female characters are pretty much the opposite of sex symbols. They are ugly. Nobody wants to look at them if they can help it and they definitely won't jack off to it. As a bonus, nobody will draw hentai pictures of this ugly female character.
    2) Nobody wants to save ugly female characters. Imagine Mario going through all the levels, defeating the massive Bowser, and saving the princess: a fat, old and ugly woman. Would Mario let himself get kissed by her? No, he would politely decline. Why would Mario want to go through all that trouble? The good thing is that he doesn't have to because Bowser wouldn't kidnap the pretty young maiden princess in the first place because Bowser knows that no-one would risk their lives for an ugly old crone. In a world without sex young attractive females, no-one would be worth kidnapping because no-one would be worth saving.

All I need now are examples of ugly female characters in video games. Do you know of any?
    Last edited by GodofHardcore; 07-23-2013 at 11:54 AM.