Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RYGAR for the NES

Cherry (Level 1) CastlevaniaDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StarMan_NES View Post
    You shouldn't have to apologize, man. These guys took a thread that should have been about discussing Rygar and screwed it all to hell, it's their fault this thread got derailed, not yours. If these people could properly read they would have seen that you tried on like 6 different occasions to put the discussion back on Rygar and the only promotion for your blog was on the first page, a page which probably hasn't been visited since early on after you posted the thread. People have moved on from page one and the only promoting for your blog I've seen is by those who dislike it, and you know what that does? It brings traffic to your blog. So let them bitch and moan, in the end you win. It's like when a TV show is failing and they do something that upsets a small group, that small group protests and then the show becomes popular. Same thing is happening here. RVGA, you did nothing wrong and you tried to put the discussion back on the game, as have a couple of people, but the same 3 braindead morons keep dragging you and this thread down and that's on them, not you, so keep on rocking and keep up the great work on your blog man!
    You of your 18 posts, constantly being retweeted by RVGA, and only posting to defend the guy give me a strong suspicion that if you're not the same person, you're good friends.

Come on man, cut the crap.

Cherry (Level 1) TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CastlevaniaDude View Post
    You of your 18 posts, constantly being retweeted by RVGA, and only posting to defend the guy give me a strong suspicion that if you're not the same person, you're good friends.

Come on man, cut the crap.
    Yeah, I know him. He's a friend of a friend who shares the same hobbies as me and we met up through Twitter. I appreciate the good word Starman, but it's not necessary. Let's just move on a discuss the games.
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA -- My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <----- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 11/4/13 The Retro Video Game Addict reviews: Tekken 2 for the PS1!

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wow you people are mature.

Anyway, Rygar. I remember being slightly disappointed at first that it wasn't like the arcade (in particular I missed that move where he slings his weapon in an arc over his head getting enemies in front and behind him) but in the end it was a much deeper, better game.

Lack of save/password was a bitch, though. One time a friend and I played all the way to the last area, then while jumping around glitched into the walls and ultimately wound up stuck in there, couldn't get out, couldn't die to continue, ultimately had to push the ol' reset button and start over. Fortunately this happened after we'd already beaten the game before, or a controller might have gone flying.

It's definitely not aged well, it's got some clunkiness to it, but for NES the music is great, the graphics aren't bad, and it's a really good game in the "Metroidvania" vein, albeit before that was even a thing. I would love it if someone would remake/remaster it, take the core game and update the graphics (BUT NOT TO 3D!), fix all the clunkiness, put in a save function, etc.