Meridian: New World is a new real-time strategy game from independent studios Headup Games and Elder Games, due to launch in Q2 2014 for the PC. It's the brainchild of Hungarian indie Ede Tarsoly, who's spent the last two years building the game.

With a strong focus on a single-player narrative campaign, Meridian: New World will employ customizable loadouts for units - rocket launchers, plasma cannons and mining drills are a few weapon types. A full suite of level editing tools will also ship with the game and players can grab custom maps through a built-in downloader.

The decision to omit multiplayer came down to resources. "I simply don't have the resources required to polish both a single and a multiplayer mode so I had to make a decision between single and multiplayer," Tarsoly told Joystiq. "I already had part of the story written back when development started, so I decided to develop the single player mode."Continue reading Meridian: New World is a sci-fi RTS ripped from one guy's brain
Meridian: New World is a sci-fi RTS ripped from one guy's brain originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 20:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments