Thread: Your Personal Gaming Soundtrack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your Personal Gaming Soundtrack

Do you find yourself playing classic games to music from the same era? Like playing Colecovision titles to early 80's MTV hits, or playing PSX to mid 90's rock radio staples? To me it just seems natural. It takes me back to that time. If you have ever played some of the arcade compilation discs, they have a virtual arcade interface with period music playing. Reminds me of my long-ago days spent at the arcades. Any others besides me that like to do the same?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whenever I think of Genesis games I think of Wang Chung's Dance Hall Days. I guess it was on at a party my dad's boss was throwing. The adults were talking and having a good time, and the first lesbian I ever met was the bosses daughter, and she and her brother wanted all of us t o"fight" in their garage, I told my parents but they said itd be fun. Well I went in there and we were really fighting, and one kid in a cowboy hat was hitting me really hard, so I pushed him into stuff and a bunch of tupperware crates with clothes and stuff came down on him, oh well. But besides that it was the first time I played a Genesis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    Well I went in there and we were really fighting, and one kid in a cowboy hat was hitting me really hard, so I pushed him into stuff and a bunch of tupperware crates with clothes and stuff came down on him, oh well.
    Sounds slightly psycho for a boss' party, along with the fighting lesbian stuff. Your dad said it would be 'fun'?! Dance Hall Days is excellent music to game by though.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I love Rush and Ive got most of their albums on vinyl. Whenever I would play Devils Crush I would always play the Hemispheres album.
    Whenever I would play Shining Force II i would always listen to the Power Windows album.
    Signals and Grace Under Pressure are also great albums to listen to while playing games.