Thread: Easter Bunny's Big Day (Ps1) How Rare Is it ?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mr. Gimmick's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Easter Bunny's Big Day (Ps1) How Rare Is it ?

Hello, I've been wondering how rare this game truly is for quite some time due to the numerous rumors of low print runs back in the day. Is this game rare but with virtually no demand? Do any other ps1 collectors own this game or have any idea on its true rarity? It has been sort of a side project of mine to keep track of how many copies of this game have sold and how many new copies come up for sale. I'm thinking that this is somewhat of a sleeper rarity which will become more and more difficult to obtain over time, not to mention one of the strangest games to ever grace the playstation console.

By the way, please excuse the randomness of this post lol. I've been revisiting PlayStation collecting lately and am trying to get a general sense on the changing markets and which normal retail release games are the hardest to obtain (despite possible low demand for them).
    Last edited by Mr. Gimmick; 09-07-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

$10 copies on the 'bay.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Rare yes, but zero demand. I'd pick one up now while it' s$10 before the suddenly become the random stupid thing that people now thing is worth $1,000. (See: Little Samson).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vvgoob47vV
    Steam
    goob47

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    $10 copies on the 'bay.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Rare yes, but zero demand. I'd pick one up now while it' s$10 before the suddenly become the random stupid thing that people now thing is worth $1,000. (See: Little Samson).
    Actually, the price of Little Samson is constantly going up due to the amazing mechanics of the game for it's time.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goob47 View Post
    Actually, the price of Little Samson is constantly going up due to the amazing mechanics of the game for it's time.
    Collectability and perceived rarity probably contribute more than any gameplay related reasons. If it was simply a "you've gotta play this, man" thing, emulation would be simpler and cheaper.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Other fun fact about EBBD is that the spine of the game is purple, and not black. Only PS game to get that treat.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Other fun fact about EBBD is that the spine of the game is purple, and not black. Only PS game to get that treat.
    Yeah I've always thought that was pretty neat. It really is too bad they didn't have color variations for other games, its a nice touch.

And yeah Little Samson has gone way out of control in terms of prices, but it is one of those unusual cases where the game is rare and also highly desirable / popular due to its game-play value. I honestly do think EBBD will increase in value but how much, only the markets will tell. I usually buy this game up any time I see it for less than $10, as who knows how many copies are really floating around out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think this game is that rare at all, just very low demand and slightly uncommon. My game store had two copies at $8 and I didn't even want to pay that, but I did. It's sat on my shelf for a couple of years now just collecting dust.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is actually really unusual to find 2 copies of EBBD in the wild. I've never seen it once in all the years I've been going to game stores, flea markets, swap meets, etc. Maybe it's a regional thing...?

I've seen Silverload and City of Lost children at a video game store once, but those are about the only games in the 'rare' category that I've come across. Although, I also found a green ps1 debug unit at a flea market, so just because one finds it in the wild does not necessarily mean it isn't rare.

Overall I'm still on the fence when it comes to the rarity of EBBD... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Mr. Gimmick; 09-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gimmick View Post
    That is actually really unusual to find 2 copies of EBBD in the wild. I've never seen it once in all the years I've been going to game stores, flea markets, swap meets, etc. Maybe it's a regional thing...?

I've seen Silverload and City of Lost children at a video game store once, but those are about the only games in the 'rare' category that I've come across. Although, I also found a green ps1 debug unit at a flea market, so just because one finds it in the wild does not necessarily mean it isn't rare.

Overall I'm still on the fence when it comes to the rarity of EBBD... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    I still see it at independent game stores all the time. I know Fry's carried it and had it for next to nothing for years. Out of the three local game shops I visit regularly in Los Angeles/Orange County, California, two of the three have both sealed/new and used copies of the game. I just think this might be something that may be numerically "rare", but never will be in demand and therefore isn't worth worrying about once you have your copy if in fact you are going for a complete Playstation collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think most of those copies are probably old stock or just the remaining copies that are out there nobody cares about or wants. I've searched all over the CT and MA area to numerous game stores, swap meets, etc. and have never once come across it, so I find this very strange that it is so common where you are. Makes me seriously wonder where it was distributed back in the day. Seems to be very rare in New England anyway...

Overall I've noticed that many of the rarest ps1 games are pretty easy to obtain now simply because the demand is so low. Though even ISS pro evolution soccer, Goal Storm, Star Blade Alpha, and other truly rare playstation titles are starting to slowly creep up in price.