Thread: Grand Theft Auto 5. So far how do you like the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

Default Grand Theft Auto 5. So far how do you like the game?

I got to play it today for about 3 hours, and like it a lot. Sure its the same ol GTA formula, but its still good with a nice story so far. Looking foward to online when it launches in October. Now what do think of the game so far from what you have all played?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm 45% of the way complete with the game. It's pretty much GTA4 with a few differences and instead of in just a city, it's got a city, desert, mountain region, etc.

The online is going to be much better I'm sure, able to create deathmatches, races, do stuff with other people, but the game itself isn't too much better than GTA4. I like GTA4, it's a great game, but just saying those people who hate the game but happen to love this one, really makes no sense to me because there's not much more it has to offer.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-18-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wondered where the GTA V thread was... I'm about 20% complete with the main storyline and loving every minute of it. Best GTA I've ever played, vast improvement over IV. The three intertwined character plots makes for an amazing storyline. Most missions are quite diverse and customizing a heist is tons of fun.

Amazing game and quite fitting as the capstone of the current generation.

Also, while the game does have a long initial load / initial install, the main world is as fluid as can be. Just walk right into a store or shop, no loading transition at all. Definitely makes you feel more into the game!
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DiEsmitty
    PSN
    DiEsmitty

I think it looks better. The environment has better lighting, Liberty City was always so dark and dreary. But the Gameplay is the same, they say they improved the driving mechanics but they seem the same to me. I am only 5 percent done, been trying to beat the SFC Japanese Super Mario World instead.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

^You may be forgetting the driving on GTA4. Driving on GTA4 was heavier, more realistic, even though a little bit off from being realistic. Driving in GTA5 is much more loose arcade like style. It's like the driving feels kind of the same, but the turning was turned all the way up, breaking is turned all the way up. Driving the helicopters are mostly the same, but they feel even shittier to drive on GTA5 because it feels the turning there is easier also.

The shooting is much more tighter. Your character brings his gun up a little quicker. Firing seems a little bit quicker. Moving the targetting seems a little bit quicker as well. The exact same, just slightly quicker. Running, climbing, jumping, etc, is all the same, but if you do too much of it you'll start losing health. You can also slide across the front of vehicles by hitting jump as you're running towards them, but this has only happened for me once.

So slight changes in gameplay, but feels like GTA4 otherwise.

I also agree with the lighting. Some of the best lighting on the PS3. GTA4 had pop in as well, but on ground GTA5 pop in isn't too bad. When in a helicopter or airplane, the texture pop in is ridiculous. The texture pop in at one point was so bad that half the ground was that half the map was missing one time when I was flying in a helicopter. There are more vehicles driving around than on GTA4, but you'll notice vehicles disappear regularly while in a helicopter or plane and you're looking down on them, probably because only a certain amount of vehicles can be on screen at once and once an extra vehicle is added on screen one disappears, but it's very frequent when you're watching the roads from overhead. In air the pop in just looks much worse than it ever did on GTA4.

I'm playing the game digital though and heard it has texture issues because of that. So maybe that's an issue or just people making up stuff. Went half with a friend for PS3 and will purchase it later on PS4 or when a Complete Edition comes out on PS3 if no PS4 version.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Its awesome so far. Got to snipe a blimp pilot and then blow up the blimp as i jumped off a building with a parachute. Was just out in the ocean in a storm with sharks swarming me. Pretty scary. Great game so far.

I just have one question. They say not to install the play disc.. But when you first install the install disc and then switch out the play disc it says "finishing installation" is that what they are talking about or do they mean not to manually go install it on your 360 hdd?

Also, this one really ups the ante on the sexual/controversy meter.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm so jelly lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyone View Post
    Its awesome so far. Got to snipe a blimp pilot and then blow up the blimp as i jumped off a building with a parachute. Was just out in the ocean in a storm with sharks swarming me. Pretty scary. Great game so far.

I just have one question. They say not to install the play disc.. But when you first install the install disc and then switch out the play disc it says "finishing installation" is that what they are talking about or do they mean not to manually go install it on your 360 hdd?

Also, this one really ups the ante on the sexual/controversy meter.
    Rockstar recommends that you do not install both discs to the same source. For example, if you do this, it may cause graphical problems. The game needs to read from two different sources. From what I have read, the best results come from installing the Play Disc to the HDD and the Install Disc to a USB Drive. For USB Drives, I recommend Kingston as they have been reliable to me for the 360 - other brands gave my machine problems.
    The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"......and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just watched Conan demo this game on his show. I saw where you can go into a strip club and get a private dance with two naked lesbian strippers.......

I think I'll stick to my NES

Insert Coin (Level 0) ninjistar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Ok, who''s starting the selfie thread? HEH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm probably the only one that has no interest in the series.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The game is awesome. Just few missions left for the main story. Then I'm gonna spend endless hours exploring the world and doing mass killings.
    Check out these links for great video game and gaming related deals!
    Geek Deals US - Best Video Game Deals
    Geek Deals Twitter page
    Become Anonymous on the Internet with NordVPN