Thread: Final PS2 and Wii releases?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Final PS2 and Wii releases?

Supposedly EA has released or is going to release Fifa 14 on both the Playstation 2 and Nintendo Wii systems, however I have yet to see concrete evidence that the game actually exists on these pkatforms. So if it doesn't exist, then what would the last US PS2 game be? MLB 2K12? How about Wii? Apparently there were 4 games released for Wii in August, the last if which being Disney Infinity. Are there anymore shovelware titles still coming down the pipe for the Wii, or is that one done for good too?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spman View Post
    Supposedly EA has released or is going to release Fifa 14 on both the Playstation 2 and Nintendo Wii systems, however I have yet to see concrete evidence that the game actually exists on these pkatforms. So if it doesn't exist, then what would the last US PS2 game be? MLB 2K12? How about Wii? Apparently there were 4 games released for Wii in August, the last if which being Disney Infinity. Are there anymore shovelware titles still coming down the pipe for the Wii, or is that one done for good too?
    Wii is not done yet. Majesco, Activision and Ubisoft among other companies has games scheduled for release through the end of the year, although I don't believe any of them are Wii exclusive.

As for the PS2, PES14 and Fifa 14 are both still coming, although it's not clear if they will be released in the US. There was talk that they might be South America and Mexico only releases, although anything is possible.

Insert Coin (Level 0) atari2600land's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently the FIFA 14 game is out, just not on the PS2...yet. My mom accidentally bought me the PS3 one so we had to take it back since I don't have a PS3. Man I wish this came out in the States.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

It looks like FIFA 14 will likely be a Latin American release again for PS2, at least in terms of the NTSC version (the PAL version is out there). There is also talk of PES 2014 coming out for PS2 as well but we'll see on that - I don't even see it on the Amazon UK store. Here's a link to a story about the PS2/PSP version:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...d-for-ps2-psp/

I purchased PES 2013, for now that's the last U.S. released PS2 game.
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Don't think we're going to see PES 2014 or Fifa 14 for the US, so the last "original" game in the States was and will remain PES 2013. Fortunately it is widely available online.

Fifa 14 PSP managed to make it onto EA's web site for download. Pretty high priced, though