Welcome to Stiq Figures, where the sales data is after the break and the posts don't matter.

The collectathon genre can get bogged down in frustrating, mindnumbing chores passed off as gameplay, but never for a second did I get tired of hunting down musical notes and Jinjos in Banjo-Kazooie. Between trying to stop a witch with a knack for rhymes and having a bird in my backpack, I played BK regularly until Super Smash Bros. Melee's instruction booklet consumed my life (I had the game for two weeks before I had a GameCube).

Unfortunately, the follow-ups to BK never really worked as well for me as the original effort. I thought Banjo-Tooie's map was a little too big for its own good - instead of feeling encouraged to explore, I felt bored in its winding tunnels and massive rooms. I was excited to see what Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts would do to mix things up... until I played it, anyway. Still, two sequels that have never really meshed with me haven't altered my fondness for the original. The balance the original BK struck between platforming and adventure felt ideal to me and is easily my favorite platformer from the N64 or PlayStation. It's just a shame the bird and bear haven't been up to much lately.

Share your thoughts on the series in the comments, even if you liked the sequels, once you check this week's Japanese hardware sales after the jump!Continue reading Stiq Figures, September 16 - 22: Banjo-Kazooie edition
Stiq Figures, September 16 - 22: Banjo-Kazooie edition originally appeared on Joystiq on Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments