Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

If you had a 3do in the 90's and want one for nostalgia factor, I can understand. But it's hard today to get into it, just like the jaguar, I personally think not a single game on both these consoles are worth owning. Ok, sorry 3do fans, it's not as bad as jaguar!!

Cherry (Level 1) TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    If you had a 3do in the 90's and want one for nostalgia factor, I can understand. But it's hard today to get into it, just like the jaguar, I personally think not a single game on both these consoles are worth owning. Ok, sorry 3do fans, it's not as bad as jaguar!!
    I love both consoles and find myself playing my 3DO 3-4 times a year and my Jaguar I usually dedicate a week to on a yearly basis. Both consoles have a small, but loyal, fan base that supports it and spreads the good word about both consoles.
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA -- My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <----- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 11/4/13 The Retro Video Game Addict reviews: Tekken 2 for the PS1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post

I agree with this statement. I picked up one in 2000 after missing out on one during my childhood only to realize I wasn't missing much. I probably wanted this system more than any I ever coveted for back in the day.

Basically its like a lame version of the Playstation and most of the games pretty much are Win95 type games you probably wouldn't bother downloading for free on your PC. There isn't any epic titles that will keep you engrossed for very long I hate to say.

I did play all the supposed "gems" for it and they basically would be considered average games on any other console. I probably gave it more of a chance than it deserved to be honest.

I hate to be a downer but I feel being realistic over nostalgic is better served here.The only saving grace to it is that you can play backups on it fairly easily.

This system didn't age well at all is what it basically comes down to.
    Last edited by ReaXan; 10-16-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I did own a 3do briefly back then and would say If the price is right then you should consider picking one up but it would have to be dirt cheap,It is said that the 3DO has the best versions of Return Fire and Super Street Fighter II Turbo (for that time),other memorable games are Road Rash,Quarantine,Need For Speed and Escape From Monster Manor.
    For something even more unusual than Quarantine try looking up Cyberdillo on youtube a psychedelic first person shooter.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DiEsmitty
    PSN
    DiEsmitty

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
    Woah, you're in Japan and you can buy any system and you're worried about the 3DO? I say why bother when you can have a PS1 and Saturn and you being in Japan makes it even better. You can get all the best PS1 and Saturn games for dirt cheap. I now see that you already bought one for the equivalent of $30 and bundled with four games so I can't complain too badly. Do these shops have many 3DO games for sale? Which four games were bundled with your 3DO?
    I already have a PS1 and a Saturn. The Original Playstation was the first system I purchased on my own without parental help. The 3do and Saturn were systems I never got to own, so they were on my list. You can get a Ps 1 for like 3 bucks. Akihabara is only an hour away if i need games. I also have my brother send me games from the states.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

only an hour away, are you on atsugi naval air force base, camp zama or just out there an hour away in some apartment/house for fun?

I've always wanted a 3do, I don't ever find them here in the states, I was tempted to pick one up when I visited my inlaws at atsugi before they moved back but I thought bringing home a famicom, twin famicom and a bunch of games I couldn't get other wise was better than getting something I could possibly find in the states at a thrift store.
    its been a while since I have been. At super potato do they still have the gold Rockman 4 cart in the glass case with the other rares for famicom?
    that's one of my "if I win the lottery" purchaces, it was something like several hundred million yen when I was there, its probably more now if they still have it

any way despite how funky a game system was or is, its almost always worth having for when you get that itch of " man I wish I could play game 'x'", you atleast have the system it was on...

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DiEsmitty
    PSN
    DiEsmitty

I'm just an hour away, sometimes I wish I had access to a military base to be able to purchase games for the 3ds and Wii U. When I make my monthly pilgrimage I to akihabara I will check on that rockman for ya. Right know the 3do is setting next to the Saturn unused until I finish Luigi's mansion on the Game Cube.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I'm suprised at the lack of love for the 3DO, I would pick it up if I was you. Especially for that price, you can't beat it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Wing commander 3 is sick on 3DO

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Cherry (Level 1) TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Proud to say I play mine quite often. Not as often as I did circa 1996-2001 when I was really heavy into the 3DO, I've beaten all my 3DO games probably 3-4 times each but I often fire up the ol' console a few times a year to revisit the games that really meant something to me. I urge anyone who doesn't own one to pick one up, the library is fantastic and there are hundreds of hours worth of fun times that await you if you do.

Long live the 3DO!
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA -- My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <----- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 11/4/13 The Retro Video Game Addict reviews: Tekken 2 for the PS1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Star Control 2! I was lucky and got one at the thrift for like $10 or something, along with a whole pile of other games (the Shockwave games, and a bunch of the "so bad it's not good, just bad, but definitely with cheese factor" stuff).

If you're a fan of '90s cheese, by all means get it.

It's also the original system for Policenauts, if memory serves.

But I would keep my eyes open for better things at Hard Off. I just read about somebody scoring a copy of Bangai-O for like 150 yen at a Book Off. That's sick!