Thread: Lost Levels

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lost Levels

Did anyone else enjoy this booth? I had alot of fun playing Raisins, and sunman. There magazine was also done well. They were nice and had a good raffle to. Congrats to Redeye and the rest of LostLevels. You guys had an awsome booth.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I forgot to ask Frank, but were my eyes playing tricks, or was someone actually playing Doki Doki Panic from a CART?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, great booth. Had fun watching Frank play the protos on Friday night. The only one I played at the booth was Propeller Arena for DC which was pretty cool. Also Frank's magazine by the same name rocks so everyone pick up a copy as soon as possible...only $4.00. Keep them coming.

PS: California Raisins is the worst game ever

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Lost Levels

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    Did anyone else enjoy this booth? I had alot of fun playing Raisins, and sunman. There magazine was also done well. They were nice and had a good raffle to. Congrats to Redeye and the rest of LostLevels. You guys had an awsome booth.
    Yeah, I enjoyed talking to the guys there. Portnoyd is one cool guy.

I also enjoyed playing blackjack with your dad for awhile on Saturday, Marty (at least I think it was your dad)

Danny

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea theyw ere playing all the games from carts. They weren't authentic protos though, they were copied carts.

BTW- How much money did my dad lose
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

That wasn't Doki Doki Panic, it was just a burned cart of Legend of the Blob Brothers 2, a SMB2 hack by BMF54123 [the guy in the cap and glasses]. He had a copy, which we [Spinner 8, Sardius, Ballz, him and myself] played all through Saturday MORNING.

Oh, Raccoon Lad, I'm that guy with the moustache that played the Ninja Gaiden 2 clone, the one about the thief. Not that anyone cares, mind you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon Lad
    I forgot to ask Frank, but were my eyes playing tricks, or was someone actually playing Doki Doki Panic from a CART?
    I thought so too, but it turned out that the Mario Bros. 2 lookalike game turned out to be Legend of the Blob Bros. 2, a homebrew NES game designed by an attendee at the show. (It's possible that Doki Doki Panis was at the booth too, but I never saw it) Blob Bros. 2 was a clever twist on the original Nintendo game and substituted new sprites for all of the characters, enemies, and power-ups, but most of the level design and backgrounds were left intact. The enemies were all varieties of blobs and the concept was pretty funny.

I briefly talked to the programmer and he said that his game was available for download online and easy enough to find by running a google search on the title. THe cartridge shown off at the show was one of only two or three in existence; somebody handled burning the ROM to a cartridge for him and he had no idea how to do it. (My wife loves Super Mario Bros. 2 and really wanted a copy of Blob Bros. 2 on cartridge). I didn't get to see quite how far the new concept was taken in the game as nobody ever seemed to play it past the first world of levels while I was around.

As for me, most of my time at the Lost Levels booth was occupied by playing the final version of Propeller Arena, Sega AM2's unreleased Dreamcast game. That was one of the highlights of the show for me; I'll have full impressions and some pictures of the game up soon!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea very cool.

And Propeller Arena was fun,and looked pretty much done.I wish they had released it.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Legend of the Blob Bros. 2 is pretty much the greatest game hack ever devised. We didn't really PLAN to show it off at the booth, but the author happened to be there with a cart, so why not?

I think I beat California Raisins about four times during the course of the weekend. I'm really sick of it. Also, I think we sold around 55 or so mags, which isn't half bad!

I suppose I ought to sell these online. If anyone wants one NOW, feel free to email TheRedEye@lostlevels.org. Otherwise, I should post something soon.