Okay, so basically I've been on the fence for the longest time as to buying a 3DS because I don't own any current generation video game system and am basically a hardcore retro gamer. I've been toying with getting a 3DS because I haven't owned a handheld gaming system since the release of the NES themed GBA (in which I have 14 games) and I'm thinking it's time to go out and finally grab a 3DS and see what all the hubbub is about. I know the system has started selling like hotcakes last year and a stream of great games are on the way, but as of right now what are the hot games on the system and what are some of the systems best games? Mainly I enjoy Nintendo's first party stuff like Mario and Zelda and I also enjoy first person shooters and sometimes a good RPG or two, I mainly avoid Pokemon and other similar style games.

I pretty much know I'll be getting Super Mario 3D Land due to the game looking absolutely amazing, and I'll be getting A Link Between Worlds when it comes out, but what else is there to own or are all the great games currently on their way? I'd love to hear all of your input on this.