Thread: Who else here is using the 3DS as their ONLY next generation console?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cherry (Level 1) TheRetroVideoGameAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who else here is using the 3DS as their ONLY next generation console?

I'll be honest. I don't plan on getting an XboxOne, PS4, or Nintendo Wii U. My sole current generation console is going to be the 3DS and this is something that is not new to me since the GBA was my only console during the height of the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox in the early to mid 2000's. It's the only console that has me checking news and reviews as well as feeling childlike excitement for upcoming games. I really feel like a kid again during the NES/SNES era of gaming when the "wonder" and "excitement" was there.

Anyone else here in the same boat? Anyone here strictly gaming on a 3DS and nothing else? Let's hear what Nintendo Life members have to say!
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA -- My YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <----- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 11/4/13 The Retro Video Game Addict reviews: Tekken 2 for the PS1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Don't have a 3DS i'm just not a big fan of handhelds.For the next gen i hope to pickup a wii u sooner or later,then later on a PS4.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Already have a 3DS and Vita, so no, not using only the 3DS. I'm also getting a PS4 and a Wii U.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I hardly use my 3DS and few of the games interest me, so I'll probably get getting a PS4 (down the road).

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

For a while it will be my only next gen system, but someday I'll probably get all the rest. Xbox being last in line because it's just my least favorite brand.

3DS will give me fresh new classic-like experiences when a must-have game comes out while I work on games for older systems first.

Actually I think I'll do this:

Get a Wii U when I beat all my Wii games

Get a PS4 when I beat all my PS3 games

Get an Xbox One when I beat all my Xbox 360 games

Get a PS Vita when I beat all my digital PSP games, as I sold all my hard copies for that system.

Unless of course I end up getting a job that gives me lots of hours and I can afford to buy anything I want. If that ever happens a new PC or a Mac is coming first.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

I have a 3DS XL and love it. Cant wait for the new Zelda. Not in any hurry to buy a Xbox One, or PS4. I will get a next gen system, but not for a year or so till all the bugs are worked out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    I'll be honest. I don't plan on getting an XboxOne, PS4, or Nintendo Wii U. My sole current generation console is going to be the 3DS and this is something that is not new to me since the GBA was my only console during the height of the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox in the early to mid 2000's. It's the only console that has me checking news and reviews as well as feeling childlike excitement for upcoming games. I really feel like a kid again during the NES/SNES era of gaming when the "wonder" and "excitement" was there.

Anyone else here in the same boat? Anyone here strictly gaming on a 3DS and nothing else? Let's hear what Nintendo Life members have to say!
    You know, with the outrageous plethora of games available from all generations, I almost want to say there's no point in getting any of the next gen consoles for several years. When you look at the previews, there's not a giant amount being offered for $300-$500.

Sticking with previous gen games also comes with the advantage that you can find tons of cheap games, both new and used. I'm in the same boat here, but I'm sticking with an old psp 3000 instead of a 3DS. Good times.