Thread: Ghosts 'N Goblins - Demon World. Reimagine arcade classics.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ghosts 'N Goblins - Demon World. Reimagine arcade classics.

Hi everyone!

My name is Monty Singleton and I just posted in the introduce yourself post.

Thought you may be interested in a project I am leading since we are all classic gamers here. I collect a LOT of arcade stuff. For example, I had a guy disassemble a Stun Runner marquee and ship it to me. The control panel for After Burner (weighed like 30 pounds!) and Terminator 2 guns still connected to the control panel. I have Tron repro joystick as well. So, I'm a fan.

I'm on a mission to take my passion for arcade classics and reimagine them for future generations. Our first project is Ghosts 'N Goblins. If this sounds interesting to you: http://GhostsNGoblins.com

If this is in the wrong forum please delete or move. I don't think I'm breaking etiquette but I don't want to piss anyone off either.

Thanks,

Monty

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Backed! I especially am a fan of this going on Ouya. That's the selling ticket for me. Good luck, and ignore the haters on the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey there, welcome. I am kind of conflicted about this. The posting is kind of eh (more details about how it's likely to play) and using Capcom's brand name seems potentially problematic (though I can't imagine they have a trademark on just that phrase) but I am glad I perused the Kickstarter a bit.

So, what's going on with the level design? It is "bite-sized level bits?" Is that really a NES cartridge? What's going on here? I am so confuse

FWIW, I have enough trouble with PSP Ultimate GnG and that's got save points, so arguably it's already bite-sized.

Interest piqued.

Edit: Crossposted to Shmups Forum, shmups.system11.org. Pop on by if you please!
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 11-09-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It looks like there's promise but with 18 days to go and you haven't even quite hit 3K/50K I think you're doomed unless you can start fishing for some real media attention and get some people clicking fast. Any system GnG legit showed up on in some form or another I'd find some hot fan sites and commercial if they'll listen and get them to do an interview or puff up how good it is in a story before it's too late.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

This is exactly what I've been looking for for many old franchises. I love what Nintendo did with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, where it wasn't just a remake, but a whole new game just with that familiar 2D structure we all knew and loved. I would really love to see some art of what we should expect (if this gets funded) in the actual game. I'd love to see what the actual graphics/design will look like and some characters/enemies in updated HD. Even a 20 second preview of a prototype level I feel would convince many more people to fund the game.

Anyways I really wish you luck with this and it's likely that I'll be funding this too!!
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by o.pwuaioc View Post
    Backed! I especially am a fan of this going on Ouya. That's the selling ticket for me. Good luck, and ignore the haters on the way.
    Thanks so much o.pwuaioc! This project wouldn't be happening without you.

Monty

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    So, what's going on with the level design? It is "bite-sized level bits?" Is that really a NES cartridge? What's going on here? I am so confuse

FWIW, I have enough trouble with PSP Ultimate GnG and that's got save points, so arguably it's already bite-sized.

Interest piqued.
    !
    Hey Ed!

What do you mean by bite-sized level bits? I'm confused by your question but want to answer any question you may have.

Monty

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    It looks like there's promise but with 18 days to go and you haven't even quite hit 3K/50K I think you're doomed unless you can start fishing for some real media attention and get some people clicking fast. Any system GnG legit showed up on in some form or another I'd find some hot fan sites and commercial if they'll listen and get them to do an interview or puff up how good it is in a story before it's too late.
    Tanooki. I'm spending 20 hours a day tweeting (http://tweeting2020.com) to drum up support. As for more media support, we have a major uphill battle due to no prototype. However, I decided to throw a Hail Mary because if I succeed, our development budget gets doubled by OUYA. The OUYA money will be gone by December so I had to move fast.

If we can tripple the number of backers in the next two weeks I actually think we might be able to do it. I have seen plenty of projects raise $50k from 300 backers.

Monty

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstar Hero View Post
    This is exactly what I've been looking for for many old franchises. I love what Nintendo did with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, where it wasn't just a remake, but a whole new game just with that familiar 2D structure we all knew and loved. I would really love to see some art of what we should expect (if this gets funded) in the actual game. I'd love to see what the actual graphics/design will look like and some characters/enemies in updated HD. Even a 20 second preview of a prototype level I feel would convince many more people to fund the game.

Anyways I really wish you luck with this and it's likely that I'll be funding this too!!
    Thank you Gunstar Hero! You understand our mission exactly.

If we get funded, the prototype will be finished by April 2014, and our backers will be the first people to see it, and if you're really hard core, play it.

Monty

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    Edit: Crossposted to Shmups Forum, shmups.system11.org. Pop on by if you please!
    Hey Ed! I tried to register at shumps but they want me to fax in a form. Which is fine, I have a fax machine. But, they didn't give me a number to fax. Have any pull over there or do I really need to fax them or physically mail them something?

Monty