Thread: John Carmack Leaves id Software [Slashdot]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb John Carmack Leaves id Software [Slashdot]

jones_supa writes "John Carmack has left id Software completely. 'John Carmack, who has become interested in focusing on things other than game development at id, has resigned from the studio,' id's studio director Tim Willits told IGN, and continues: 'John's work on id Tech 5 and the technology for the current development work at id is complete, and his departure will not affect any current projects. We are fortunate to have a brilliant group of programmers at id who worked with John and will carry on id's tradition of making great games with cutting-edge technology. As colleagues of John for many years, we wish him well.' Carmack, a co-founder of id, recently joined Oculus VR as Chief Technology Officer, and at the time remained at id Software in some capacity. Earlier this year, id president Todd Hollenshead departed id as well."

Read more of this story at Slashdot.

I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From Keen and Doom to Quake and Wolfenstein... I played everything that id software have released. I was a small boy and every saturday I visited our local gamestore to ask if quake2 has already released. <-- This goes on and on for almost over a year
    And then It was the second advent of christmas 1997 when I opened the door of the gamestore... The shop owner threw a huge box at me and yelled "Here is your fucking quake and now shut the fuck up!"

I'm really a huge id software fan! But the era of shitty games already started with doom3. Don't want to talk about "quake wars" and "wolfenstein"... REST IN PEACE ID SOFTWARE!