Thread: Best snes clone with game included ?

Insert Coin (Level 0) pepslight's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Best snes clone with game included ?

Hi folks My first post here thank is any one help me out

I am right now starting a simple project I will build on my own a Snes retro cabin something like this guy ====> Porta-Pi Now I had looked and searched asked everything what would be the best thing to put inside my cabin, I first think of the raspbery pi with an emulator of snes than It came the authentic snes and than finally shows up that the snes linker Is quite expensive, ( I want to have a linker because I don't wan't to hang games everywhere around.)

So than I thought about buying a good Snes clone with integrated games or anything which would maybe i don't know allow me to put a sd card with rooms i don't know if exist I googled but I couldn't find any clone of the snes with a sd card or with pre integrated games like mario stree fight or starfox I don't mind on design because it will be inside the cabin and the controllers I will rip ou a part so again i don't min d maybe just the fact that I'm on europe somewere in germany would be to consider ? .

Thanks a lot in advance Peps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

There is no such thing as a Super Famiclone with built in games. While the console design patents have expired after 20 years, game software is copywritten for something like 75 years. If any clone makers were to make something with built in non junky homebrew games, they could and would be sued.

So you have a couple of options if you want an SNES driven arcade cabinet:

Just put in a PC - There are obviously tons of emulators for PC, and front ends you can set up. This is the most common way of creating an _____ arcade.
    An original Xbox - these can be hacked somewhat easily to run not only the SNES, but lots of other things in video resolutions up to 720p.
    Rhasperry pi - I dont know a whole lot about this, but similar to the Xbox in a lot of ways, except that you'd have to build it yourself.
    Ouya - The Ouya is a tiny tiny console that can be hacked to your heart's content. I love the Ouya. It has official emulators for SNES and a bunch of other consoles. Also supports HDMI 1080p.

Or, if you wanted a real SNES or clone, you could go with an SNES flashcart like the Super Powerpak (recommend), Super EverDrive (not recommended), or SD2SNES (expensive, but better than both)
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0) pepslight's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOOW Thats an awesome answer thank you very much.
    I will actually go for the Raspberry pi I wan't actually to just turn on boot and load without having any menu like were i can literally see that this is a modified android, or latter I can see to maybe create a custom Android room is its possible to be only focus to emulation that just turn on shows a nice graphical game selection menu and jump on and flash one android dual core dongle that I have and if its not powerful enough than I buy a ouya but i wan't to have really a pleasant experience to have one of those arcade cabin.

As well for the ouya I don't know how would it be for the controllers I was thinking just to open the control and hard solder the japans stiled joystick and the 6 snes buttons and pray it work I don't know