View Poll Results: Are these games fake?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • FAKE

9 100.00%
  • Real

0 0%

Thread: Are these fake pokemon games?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Are these fake pokemon games?

I am thinking of buying these Pokemon games, but I am worried about them being fake.
    I am worried because the seller is in china, and also I think that the cases and stickers look a bit off.

Please tell me if they are real.
    Also if there fake should I buy them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190985587947

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ronma View Post
    I am thinking of buying these Pokemon games, but I am worried about them being fake.
    I am worried because the seller is in china, and also I think that the cases and stickers look a bit off.

Please tell me if they are real.
    Also if there fake should I buy them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190985587947
    i dont know for certain, but considering they come from China, well.... that, and the fact his most recent feedback is nothing but pokemon games.
    Last edited by fluid_matrix; 11-30-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I would also guess they were fake due to the very low price for "new" the amount that has already sold, and the amount that is available for sale. Nobody hoards that many copies of a full set of a series just to sell lots of them all at once.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd never buy a GBA Pokemon without seeing the back, on the back of any every legit Gameboy or DS circuit board I have ever seen there are 4 gold boxes with dots in them and a number above them, a machine readable date code etched into every board, the Pokemon games are great since you can see the date code through the back of the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Pretty unlikely someone would import that many. All GBA games Nintendo released in China are localized to Chinese, and none were Pokemon.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Without even scrolling past the initial image, 100% guarantee that they're bootlegs.

If they're "new" but loose, they're fake.
    If they come in this lot of 5, they're fake.
    If they come from China, they're fake.
    If they have a BIN price so low that it seeks impossible, they're fake.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Since the seller has so many available, he's using a stock photo. The picture might show real games but he'll mail you fake games. Buying US games from China isn't a good idea.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Ok..

A friend of mine who re sells games at flea markets bought these and he got exactly what is pictured..he purchased more and again he got exactly what is pictured..

He even found a better deal on a similar set from China and again he got exactly what was pictured..

He has high demand at flea markets for Pokémon games and is just not finding the Real games cheap or without a dead battery.. so he started to buy these games to satisfy all the requests..He sells these instantly..
    He's selling these to people who want to play them,he hasn't ran into someone who cared if it was real or fake.he's not marking them up real high either..(the games work he's had no complaints)

He is very weary buying these though knowing they are fake,he's not happy about it ,he just can't meet the demand he gets from pokemon games..

I took a look at them externally and they look amazing...but are Fake...

I haven't been able to open one up yet and take pictures though,that I plan to do when I can.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm sorry but your friend is contributing to a problem.

Especially as fake Pokemon games are known for being cheap garbage without functioning saves (which essentially makes them useless). Real GBA Pokemon games with a dead battery are at least playable, since actual game saves are stored in Flash memory which operates independent of the battery (you only lose one relatively unimportant game feature). I'd appreciate a seller to tell me they didn't have it than to make me feel I've been scammed.
    (I bought one from GameStop once and returned it when my GBA SP wouldn't even boot it, I noticed some of the telltale signs it was a fake. Luckily they allowed me to trade it for a real copy when I told them about it.)
    I noticed it wasn't even going to boot the game when on the GBA intro screen I get NO Nintendo logo (whenever I put it a dirty legit game, I at least get a scrambled logo). I know the original Game Boy only boots if it reads a proper Nintendo logo from the cart, but I think GBA does as well.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I agree with you..Totally..

I feel I'm contributing to a problem everyday since so much is made and imported from China to the US..

When he first told me he was buying these Games and showed me the link I was like UGH.....dude these are fake,why,they are going to be buggy.you’ll be lucky to get anything that looks real and they may not work what so ever....I went on an on about headaches ,returns..buyers being mad..
    ..I’m into buying the real deal..
    I can tell you from looking at them at the flea market I was shocked at how great they look and work..(I had taken a picture comparison and posted it at this site before)
    His daughter fully tested them her being into GBA Pokemon games and their were no issues..
    Anything with issues goes to me and I’ve gotten none of these yet..

Ok I don’t want to be the pusher of these games.I’m just giving honest response to the topic creator...If something is crap I’ll tell you...
    These should be crap and IMO only buy real stuff..If it looks fake move on...Don’t Buy Fakes..

If someone has had problems with those ‘actual carts’ listed us know..

I’ve had plenty of problems with bootleg games found in the wild,I have got any of those GBA games personally ‘in hand’ to note on..

I have also found in some GBA Pokemon (Rea-Legitl) games is some being made with No battery.(I have pictures somewhere)

.These ebay boots may be being copied after the new revision board sets.who knows..

I’d prefer to not have a battery type board in a new Legit pokemon game if I could ....

In the Flea Market guys behalf,he actually bought a similar lot of Legit GBA pok games off a ebay US seller and the seller never shipped them out....that pissed me off because I was trying to get my friend to buy real stuff,showing him deals on ebay for real stuff....He gets the China stuff quick and I kick myself as the US seller didn’t come through UGH!!
    Also In the Flea Market guys behalf,he doesn’t push them as being real,if asked he says they are fakes,He’s not marking up as high and real games sell for at his market,he lets whoever wants to try the games play them on hard and offers a full refund if the person is not happy with the purchase ..He gives his card out and is at the same market every weekend.

What I don’t understand is how these remain on ebay since some many people know they are fake..I though fake bootleg stuff wasn’t allowed on ebay..
    ...........So no one reports them or do they not know enough about them to do so?
    Is ebay closing their eyes to this stuff now..

Sadly I am one who has seen how junk from China ruin things..I race Italian Pocketbikes.Mini Moto..Made in Italy..Quality Bikes.. ...But China has Replicated these bikes in way lesser materials junk and sell them for a 10th of the price or real stuff ..This alone has ruined the sport as the China junk bikes don’t perform like the Italian bikes and fall apart right out of the box...there is no comparison,it’s just people mislead into buying fake junk thinking its good stuff.
    The Italian bikes I own are worth thousands yet I still get the person buying the $100.00 China Junk bikes questioning why my bikes are worth so much..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow this topic went from asking a judgement to casting it on people buying them to sell due to the cheap price. They're knockoffs, area aside the price helps with that decision, but also Red and Green there should be a see through plastic as you can in person clearly see the board inside, though they're a little bit less transparent than ruby ever was. Solid looking fakes but still fakes. Now if the Chinese are finally able to duplicate the entire board right down to saving on a chip versus a battery and can even copycat that shiny reflective label that would be very impressive. A fake is a fake, but damn if you can make a fake the same as an original, I'm in this middle ground of being happy it is done, but not if people don't sell them as newly made copycats. I'm all for more product showing up crippling high priced resellers on anything from NES to modern, yet I'd like a perfect copy to still be sold for what it is, a copy, just like within other industries.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just stay away from this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Wow this topic went from asking a judgement to casting it on people buying them to sell due to the cheap price. They're knockoffs, area aside the price helps with that decision, but also Red and Green there should be a see through plastic as you can in person clearly see the board inside, though they're a little bit less transparent than ruby ever was. Solid looking fakes but still fakes. Now if the Chinese are finally able to duplicate the entire board right down to saving on a chip versus a battery and can even copycat that shiny reflective label that would be very impressive. A fake is a fake, but damn if you can make a fake the same as an original, I'm in this middle ground of being happy it is done, but not if people don't sell them as newly made copycats. I'm all for more product showing up crippling high priced resellers on anything from NES to modern, yet I'd like a perfect copy to still be sold for what it is, a copy, just like within other industries.
    Many are doing this now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is a local gaming on Facebook near me an one guy was talking about importing fakes from China in bulk to resell online. It made me sick, but this guy seems to be one of those folks who will do anything to make a buck without having to really work for it.

Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a Pokemon hack on ebay, Dark Cry, that I really enjoy. The seller was totally up front about it being a hack, though