Thread: December 2013 Finds

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Salvation Army finds...

Super Monkey Ball (Gamecube) Complete + Working - $4

Quest for Glory V (PC) Complete in Case + Working I think? (It doesn't like 64-bit windows but 99% of 90s software doesn't like 64-bit windows) - $1

Quest for Glory was supposed to be $2 but the cash register gave it a 50% discount even the person working it didn't understand. We both rolled with it, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

too tired to post pics of this stuff,...but used some christmas cash and ran up my credit card a little on the following:

xbox 360:

gears of war judgement $16 gamestop
    bioshock infinite $16 gamestop
    nhl 12 $9 gamestop
    darkness 2 $7 gamestop
    zone of the enders hd collection $16 gamestop
    dead space 3 $11 gamestop
    battlefield 3 $9
    skyrim $15 walmart (new!)

surprisingly, the gamestop games not only were all used at really good prices, but the cases all came with manuals and the cases outside of the battlefield 3 case were in great shape...almost mint condition

SNES:

nba live 98
    nba give n go
    madden 96
    madden 97
    aladdin
    magical quest
    (all from jjgames.com $26 shipped)

--Those particular snes games were part of my christmas gift to myself...my wife and i decided we would set a $50 limit to buy whatever we wanted for ourselves instead of exchanging gifts this year...

more snes:

izzys olympic quest
    ignition factor
    indiana jones greatest adventures
    gradius 3
    advetures of dr franken

(all from recycle video games $34 shipped)

NES:

Tiger heli
    double dragon
    double dragon 2
    ninja gaiden 2

($26 shipped jjgames.com)

Those NES games were also part of my $50 christmas gift to myself

Gamecube:

waverace blue storm
    goldeneye rouge agent
    agent under fire
    1080 avalanche
    gun

($26 shipped jjgames.com)

Also, my sons got new leapster handheld systems with a few games...a walley game, and some others i cant remember the name of....they also got so many toys i cant even begin to list them....trust me the list is much bigger than my video game list above....the grandparents have spoiled them silly.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default thanks

Wow!! gears of war judgement $16 gamestop..

Last night I was thinking to get this game next,hoping I can still get one for that price or under $20.00

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	7266

Got some Christmas presents today from my dad, who was my secret Santa. He picked up both of these at Goodwills, wasn't very sure what they were but picked them up anyway.

Sega Power Base Converter, 3D Glasses, Phaser, Controllers, Cords : $12
    GameBoy Color and games: $10

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	7267

Also last week picked up a TI-99/4a and 3 games from Salvation Army. System keyboard doesn't seem to work but box is in better shape then the one I have and has Styrofoam. -$5

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) Collectors edition. Glad I didn't pick this up at Gamestop when it was on sale a couple weeks ago. -$20 Craigslist

TMNT LCD Handheld 1989 -$1 Salvation Army

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Titan by Avalon Hill at Salvation Army, with all the pieces present, for $2.25.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably my last find for the year 2013 but I was in a Mom N' Pop game store on Saturday and noticed that they re-arranged their set up some. It's still dark as hell in there but I digress. Anyway, they moved all of their PS2 games into a case and I spied a small row that caught my eye. They had all of the Romance of the Three Kingdom games (VII - XI or 7-11 for all you non Roman numeral reading peeps). I already had 7 & 8 so I looked at the discs for 9-11 and they were super minty. They were a little pricey but less than what I would have paid for them on eBay. I assume these all came from the same collection as there were other Koei games in the display (I wanted but didn't have the funds for ).

Rot3K IX ran me $13. X and XI were $30ea. I didn't mind paying those prices on X and XI because the discs were MINT. Even after getting out of the dark store I looked at them under bright light and could find nary a scratch on them.

I also snagged a Genesis game CIB, Crystal's Pony Tale for my Godchild. My cousin was with me and said exactly what I thought when I opted to buy it. He tells me "they're gonna think you're a Brony for buying that".

Earlier in the day I swung by a Gamestop and found a minty Smash Court Tennis 3 on XBOX 360 for $2.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Closing out 2013...

These were $5 each at Salvation Army. Looked around for the Ar tonelico book but to no avail.

Budokai 3 is disc only and was $1 and Soul Calibur II is still sealed and was $5 at an Out of the Closet thrift store.

$5.99 each at Goodwill.

The Apple Newton 110 is complete as far as i can tell. $20 from a random thrift.

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last find of the year today, and boy howdy is it a doozy.

Saw it pop up on ebay this morning and immediately bought it.

Fully functional Blue SEGA Game Gear with DSi LED Mod and Phantom 2040 game - $30

I couldn't care less about Phantom 2040, even though the console ones are great the GG game is a piece of shit.

On the other hand...

The game gear I use has really taken a beating over the years. Even when I got it, the 2 button was a little numbed, and I had to push down on it super hard, and over time stuff got under the screen and killed a few pixels. It still played fine, but I've been looking for a better condition working GG for a while now.

I did NOT expect to score something this great for the price a normal working gray/black GG goes for. To start with, the blue sports model is WAY harder to find than the normal ones without even factoring in the mod. The DSi mod is one of the few that doesn't make it look like it has big ol' floodlights on the sides and all of the caps are new. On top of that, it gets about 8-10 hours of battery life so I might actually wanna use batteries for it now.

This was right in my price range and it'll make playing GG that much more enjoyable.

Happy New Gear, everyone! Here's hoping you all find (or make) a mod to your favorite system even better than this.