Thread: First Game Played For A System + Memories!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Press Select to Start Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default First Game Played For A System + Memories!!

As the title says, list your first game(s) played for a system, plus any awesome memories of said games.... Can be the first game or your first session where you were introduced to the console.

For me, Mario 64 for the N64 was a hallmark moment and a memory i'll not forget. I am positive I'm not alone when saying this game blew my socks off and was the single reason I had to own the console. Also, Super Mario Land for Gameboy was a title i received with the system and continue to play to this day!!

Metal Gear Solid for Playstation was the first game on Sony's platforms that I had really put solid time onto and fell in love with, after playing it at friend's houses, and I remember going into Funco Land way back in the day and trading in what must've been 20 or maybe even 30 SNES games and the system for a PSX and MGS, along with some other games and controllers. The game had that big of an impact, on me at least, to warrant trading in Nintendo for Sony (my then-thought-of rival to the Nintendo brand)
    Last edited by wayultratech; 12-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

SMB on NES, John Madden Football on Genesis, Goldeneye on N64, Halo on Xbox, definitely standing out the most.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Squash, on a generic paddle system.
    I'd love to remember what brand the paddle system was.
    I do remember my brother making a fuss because the system didn't accept cassettes or cartridges.

I should also mention, I remember the enjoyment and competition of playing against the family. We all wanted to be the best, to win and beat our opponent - well, at least among my siblings and their friends. I'm pretty sure that was my Dad's first and last time ever playing a videogame, lol, though he may have tried his hand at Super Breakout on the 5200 years later when my brother purchased it on release.
    Last edited by Koa Zo; 12-07-2013 at 04:58 PM.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

For me it's:

Super Mario Bros - NES
    Sonic - Genesis
    Panzer Dragoon and Road Rash - Saturn
    GoldenEye - N64
    House of the Dead and Sonic - Dreamcast
    New Super Mario Bros - Wii U
    Assassin's Creed 4 - Playstation 4 (Yes I know this isn't an exclusive)

There are great games for all the other consoles as well but these are the ones that really stand out and are the ones that defined those consoles for me.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Intellivision - no idea, my dad bought all the sports games along with the system, so it had to be one of those

NES - SMB, blew my mind first time I played it at a friends. Spent the next several months begging my parents for one, only to be told I had to earn money for it myself. Not easy when you're in elementary school and don't get an allowance, let me tell you!

SMS - I think I put in Ghost House first, since that was one of the games I got along with the system for Christmas, and the card format was so different I had to try it.

Genesis - Altered Beast, the pack in. Loved having "the arcade" at home (even if in retrospect it wasn't "the arcade", and a very limited, short game)

SegaCD - Don't recall, but had to be one of the numerous pack ins. Doubt it was that Sherlock Holmes garbage, so either Sol Feace or one of the disappointing 4-in-1 ports

32x - I think I rented Knuckes Chaotix first.

TG16 - Keith Courage, pack in, meh.

TGCD - Y's 3. Yeah, I got that before Y's 1&2 because 3 was all that store had!

Saturn - Virtual Fighter, pack in pack in pack in. Very quickly rented Panzer Dragoon and Clockwork Knight, then bought them.

PSX - Hey, where's the pack in? Don't recall if I played Tobal No. 1 or Power Move Pro Wrestling first, since they were the first games I bought.

N64 - It's a me, Mario! Not a hard choice when the only other game out was Pilotwings. Not that Mario is ever a hard choice.

Dreamcast - Resident Evil Code Veronica. Actually bought the system just because I really had an itch to play that. Not that I didn't want the system eventually anyway, but I was just really in the mood for that game when I broke down and bought one.

PS2 - Resident Evil Code Veronica X. Owned the game for 6 months before I owned the system, lol

Xbox - Should have been Silent Hill 2. Got the system for Christmas, along with SH2... the PS2 version... Had to go out the 26th to exchange it. First thing I popped in was an OXBM demo disc, remember playing a demo of one of those Abe's [whatever] games first. First actual full game... I rented Halo and DOA at Hollywood Video (since they were open Christmas (and still in business)) think I put Halo in first. Neither game thrilled me.

Gamecube - rental of Luigi's Mansion. First game I actually bought was Resident Evil.

360 - Kung Fu Panda. HEY A PACK IN! I REMEMBER THOSE!!!!! Got to the end of a level and the system crashed, with 3 red lights (OH NOES!) fortunately it was a false alarm, system is still running to this day, just over 5 years later. Never put KFP back in the system, though. Spent the rest of the night with Lego Indiana Jones, then got Fallout 3 the next day, that kept me busy for a long time.

Wii - New Super Mario Wii.

PS3 - Got it for Christmas, didn't get any games... So had to make due with trying my PSX games of all things (since PS2 BC was long gone by that time, I got a slim). No idea what the first one I tried was. Day or two later got used games from GameStop (THE HORROR) in a B2G1 sale. Think 3D Dot Game Heroes was the first I tried. The other two were God of War Collection and God of War 3.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hope it's okay to make a new post for handhelds, old post was getting pretty long.

Gameboy - Super Mario Land. Yeah, I played that before the pack in Tetris, which I hadn't really cared about. Then I did play Tetris, wow, great version of an addictive game.

Lynx - Oh man... I didn't ever have many games for this... I guess it must've been Rygar first? That or Xenophobe.

Gamegear - Again, didn't have many games. I think the nearly forgotten RPG Defender of Oasis broke the system's cherry.

GBC - Didn't have a GBC mode game until Zelda DX, but used it with plenty of my old GB games before that. First game that ONLY worked on GBC was WWF Attitude :P (still better than the PSX version, though).

GBA - Import of Fire Prowrestling Ace. Won the game on eBay, then had to try to track down a GBA to play it on. Yeah, they were scarce at the time, unless you wanted to give in to EB/GS extortion and buy a bundle with a bunch of useless accessories. That or buy a pink one (no thanks, I have a penis). Finally tracked down one purple one at a Target. Wasn't the clear purple I really wanted, but at least it wasn't pink (should've rebranded that a GameGIRL Advance, am i right?)

GBASP - Yeah, technically not a differnet system, but this one had a PACK IN! YAY! Some black friday deal that year at TRU where you got a gold SP and a copy of SMA4:SMB3. And now I could actually see what I was playing! SCORE!

DS - Metroid Prime Hunters Demo, lol PACK IN! Got Mario 64 shortly thereafter. May have played some GBA games before that, but nothing memorable.

PSP - Daxter the last PACK IN! So far anyway. Bought some Smackdown vs Raw shortly after. Forget which one, not the first one on the system though. Wound up with several of them so I can't even really check.

3DS - After getting tired of testing DS games on it, got Paper Mario. Probably would've gotten Zelda OOT but it was harder to find and also never seemed to be on sale (I hate paying full price, though eventually had to for OOT).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Most of these would be playing the games at friends houses before obtaining a system for myself-
    Acorn BBC = Chuckie Egg or Dare Devil Dennis :/
    Acorn Electron = Starship Command
    Atari 2600 = Space Invaders
    Zx Spectrum = Jetpac
    Sega Master Sys = Enduro Racer
    Megadrive = Altered Beast
    SNES = F-Zero
    3DO = Escape from Monster Manor
    Amiga = Sidewinder
    Jaguar = Cybermorph
    Dragon 32 = Katerpillar Attack
    PC Engine = R-type