Thread: "Club Nintendo" Game Download Offers for Dec. 10 - Jan. 12

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Arrow "Club Nintendo" Game Download Offers for Dec. 10 - Jan. 12

Mario's Picross {Game Boy} [redeemable via 3DS eShop] (100 club coins)
    Starship Defense {DSiWare} [redeemable via 3DS eShop] (150 club coins)
    Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Japanese SMB2) {NES} [redeemable via Wii Shopping Channel] (150 club coins)
    Balloon Fight {NES} [redeemable via Wii U eShop] (200 club coins)

Personally I spent some Club Nintendo coins on "Mario's Picross" and I'm heavily leaning toward spending some more on "Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels." I would actually prefer to spend these virtual coins on some real-world physical merchandise, but I've bought most of what's been on offer in the past which I could garner with my limited coins at the time. I've built up a lot of credit in coins since then, but the rest of what I'd like to get has been sold out for a long time with no signs of possible replenishment.

North America's Club Nintendo seems content to just keep the same old boring stock of things: virtual rewards like Windows Flash-based screensavers and a WiiWare "Grill-Off with Ultra Hand!" game; and shoelaces, jacket patches, DS cases, styli, and paper goods such as greeting cards, notebooks, and posters; only to have extremely limited special items on very rare occasions which sell out of stock almost immediately. It's better than what we used to have (nothing in North America and desktop wallpapers in Europe), but it is still so much less than what they get in Japan through their Club Nintendo.

So unless Reggie and friends decide to give us something "real" upon which it is worth spending our coins, I guess I'm just going to have to content myself with a rotating selection of digital downloads.

Say, has anyone even gotten their Club Nintendo 2014 calendars in the mail yet? Big N is supposed to ship those out to Gold and Platinum members by the end of 2013, but I haven't heard of anyone getting one. Personally, I just opted to get Super Smash Bros. instead of the calendar. While Nintendo's calendars are nice, I already had one for 2013 and I preferred to have SSB back in July when this year's Elite Status gifts were announced instead of waiting six months for a paper good to arrive in the mail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There is a Luigi's Mansion statue on the US Club Nintendo store now for 1500 coins, as well as Mario and Luigi hat-shaped 3DS pouches for 500 coins a piece. I didn't notice these last time I checked.