Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn it....These stupid ebay buyers

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Damn it....These stupid ebay buyers

I clearly stated in the listing that it was for the CASE AND MANUAL only. What does the buyer do? After I send a message re confirming that the listing was not for the game. They say this

Hi,
    I'm got so excited when I saw that the pikmin game was so cheap that I did not see that it was not the game. I'm sure you get this a lot. If you must, I'll pay the $14 but of there was a way where you could void the transaction I would be incredibly happy.

Thanks either way it isn't your fault,

What the heck how the hell could someone be "so excited" that they don't read the actual listing and just click buy. Even worse the guy paid already and only has 1 feedback. How would I go about refunding the money actually need help on this one besides it just being a rant
    Last edited by LINK398; 12-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LINK398 View Post
    I clearly stated in the listing that it was for the CASE AND MANUAL only. What does the buyer do? After I send a message re confirming that the listing was not for the game. They say this

Hi,
    I'm got so excited when I saw that the pikmin game was so cheap that I did not see that it was not the game. I'm sure you get this a lot. If you must, I'll pay the $14 but of there was a way where you could void the transaction I would be incredibly happy.

Thanks either way it isn't your fault,

What the heck how the hell could someone be "so excited" that they don't read the actual listing and just click buy. Even worse the guy paid already and only has 1 feedback. How would I go about refunding the money actually need help on this one besides it just being a rant
    you go ahead and send the stuff, and after it's gone, reply that you were so excited it sold that you failed to read his whole email.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did they pay already?

If not, might as well void it because they'll just end up not paying to avoid the transactions and avoid the negative feedback.

With how ebay is now, there really isn't a punishment for people who just don't pay.

Odd they said they'd pay. Least if they pay and you send it, you are going to win if they try to dispute it.
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No they paid already. It's just that I don't want any negative or neutral feedback because of stupidity and than have to go through a process to get rid of that

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Now I might be completely mistaken, but I'm pretty sure if you go through ebay's process of cancelling the transaction both you and the buyer will be unable to leave feedback and any feedback left prior to the transaction being cancelled will be deleted.

I refunded a buyer after he sent a game back to me, they struck the feedback he left for me off my record and it wasn't even negative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by fluid_matrix View Post
    you go ahead and send the stuff, and after it's gone, reply that you were so excited it sold that you failed to read his whole email.
    priceless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigbacon View Post
    Did they pay already?

With how ebay is now, there really isn't a punishment for people who just don't pay.
    Actually if a buyer incurs 3 Non-Paying Strikes in a year their account is automatically restricted and can no longer make purchases.

Additionally many sellers have set their selling preferences to auto block buyers that have 2 or more negative strikes or bid retractions. IMO a buyer not paying on Ebay really puts their account in jeopardy.

Believe it or not Ebay has really been cracking down on buyers the past 2 years or so. They even ban buyers that file too many Buyer Protection cases in a 12 month period. I'm not sure of the exact threshold but it seems to be based on a number of purchases made to cases filed ratio.

I've seen/heard reports of buyers being banned for filing 4 cases within a year. Doesn't matter if the complaints are legitimate or not; if the buyer trips the threshold they are auto banned. That's why you should always think twice before filing a case as you only get a few of them every year. Without Buyer Protection Ebay is really not worth the risk IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LINK398 View Post
    No they paid already. It's just that I don't want any negative or neutral feedback because of stupidity and than have to go through a process to get rid of that
    Honestly LINK398, I think you should just refund the buyer and ban them from your future auctions. Just go to your Paypal account, view the detail section of the transaction and click on the "Issue Refund" link on the bottom of the page.

Mistakes do happen and I believe it's not worth the trouble to force this buyer to make the purchase. Sometimes it's good to cut people some slack and understanding; especially during the holidays...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guy767 View Post
    Actually if a buyer incurs 3 Non-Paying Strikes in a year their account is automatically restricted and can no longer make purchases.

Additionally many sellers have set their selling preferences to auto block buyers that have 2 or more negative strikes or bid retractions. IMO a buyer not paying on Ebay really puts their account in jeopardy.

Believe it or not Ebay has really been cracking down on buyers the past 2 years or so. They even ban buyers that file too many Buyer Protection cases in a 12 month period. I'm not sure of the exact threshold but it seems to be based on a number of purchases made to cases filed ratio.

I've seen/heard reports of buyers being banned for filing 4 cases within a year. Doesn't matter if the complaints are legitimate or not; if the buyer trips the threshold they are auto banned. That's why you should always think twice before filing a case as you only get a few of them every year. Without Buyer Protection Ebay is really not worth the risk IMO.

Honestly LINK398, I think you should just refund the buyer and ban them from your future auctions. Just go to your Paypal account, view the detail section of the transaction and click on the "Issue Refund" link on the bottom of the page.

Mistakes do happen and I believe it's not worth the trouble to force this buyer to make the purchase. Sometimes it's good to cut people some slack and understanding; especially during the holidays...
    I wonder what it is, because I've had 16 in the last 12 months, though some are from me as abuyer, some are from me as a seller and some are from the seller of items I've bought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigbacon View Post
    I wonder what it is, because I've had 16 in the last 12 months, though some are from me as abuyer, some are from me as a seller and some are from the seller of items I've bought.
    I’m referring to buying and not selling; sorry for the misunderstanding. Once you reach a certain threshold/limit of complaints against sellers then Ebay considers you not worth the trouble and will revoke your Buyer Protection. You can still make purchases afterwards but you won't be able to file any complaints for items not received or described via Ebay or Paypal.

The exact formula/ratio eBay uses is not known to the public so I can only guess/speculate. But like I said; I've seen/read reports of buyers having their protection revoked for as little as 4 complaints filed within a year.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that is pretty stupid, like sellers then just get away with misrepresenting items or something depending on their buyer. Wonder if it matter if the case is disputed or not.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I’m referring to buying and not selling; sorry for the misunderstanding. Once you reach a certain threshold/limit of complaints against sellers then Ebay considers you not worth the trouble and will revoke your Buyer Protection. You can still make purchases afterwards but you won't be able to file any complaints for items not received or described via Ebay or Paypal.

The exact formula/ratio eBay uses is not known to the public so I can only guess/speculate. But like I said; I've seen/read reports of buyers having their protection revoked for as little as 4 complaints filed within a year.
    Actually, there is a difference between just filing a case and actually using Ebay buyer protection. As of several months ago, if you try to communicate with a seller and the subject is "item not as described", a case is automatically opened. Essentially, it's just a more formal means of informally agreeing to a resolution. If the seller agrees to a return or refund and you close the case, it doesn't count against any limit. If you end up escalating the case and Ebay finds in your favor and tells the seller to issue a refund and you to return the item, again it doesn't seem to count. It's only if the seller does not cooperate and Ebay has to actually pay out on the claim that the limit seems to be triggered. By the way, this seems to be the same with Amazon marketplace as the terms specifically limit buyers to a certain number of protection claims within an annual period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I was surprised and somewhat shocked that eBay will open a case for you automatically if you contact a seller regarding a problem with your purchase. This is pretty spiteful and I can only imagine the difficulty this has caused sellers...

You can still contact the seller by choosing "Other" in the topic selection though without eBay filing a case. This will keep things civil, not alarm the seller and more importantly not use your seemingly precious and limited Buyer Protection case privileges for the year.

I couldn't imagine shopping at eBay without Buyer Protection. A seller can send you a pile of pebbles rather than a $300 CIB copy of Snatcher for the Sega CD that you purchased and eBay wouldn't care; nasty stuff. Of course there's always a Credit Card chargeback though...

I got to remember your point about Amazon too; thanks. I've heard it also applies to coupon abuse. Recently there was a free shampoo deal via a coupon and I used all 4 of my Amazon accounts to score 4 bottles. I just hope I didn’t jeopardize my Amazon standing for my sweetly fragrant and luxurious greed

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Contact the buyer and tell him that you'll send a transaction cancelation request. That way your fees are refunded and he can get his money back. Simple.

It sucks, but the credit is applied to your account immediately. Usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah I was surprised and somewhat shocked that eBay will open a case for you automatically if you contact a seller regarding a problem with your purchase. This is pretty spiteful and I can only imagine the difficulty this has caused sellers...
    It's a headache. Last summer I had this assclown try and game the system with the whole item not described bit and opened a case and contacted ebay about me, and keep in mind I've got a 100% record there and have been on ebay since they opened their doors. At first they had a pretty good story going too. I sold them my copy of Metroid Prime 3 (had got Trilogy so it was useless) and I put a few hours or so on it, it was literally scratchless, complete, spotless, so it went as Like New. He had previously asked me how nice it was (durr) and I explained it. Guy gets it and is silent at first, then I get this message about how the disc is scratched and him getting bossy about wanting to send it back and filing an escalated case. At this rate I was pissed as it was over like 10 bucks. I called his bluff. The auction had a pic of the case, then of the contents. I had a feeling he had a game already that was thrashed for a bait n' switch. I told him I'd be happy to take the game back if he'd pay under ebay terms to ship it to me and I'd refund the value after it got to me where I would check a set of high resolution images I kept for myself where I can check it for the codes on the disc ring and the overall contents and it's a match.

Never wrote back, closed case. I kept the images for like 6mo then erased them.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I thought there was also a limit on bid retractions, to deter obvious shill bidders.
    Nobody legitimately "enters the wrong amount" 800 times in a month, like I've heard reports of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't posted in forever but this is right up my alley. Right now 90% of my sales are for empty game cases (gba, PS2, etc) and I would say every week I get a few people with 0 or 1 feedback saying the exact same thing. "Oh, I thought it was the game". It used to really upset me but after awhile I just decided to refund their purchase and block those sellers and that's the end of that.

It got to the point that I actually did research into why, and started asking these people if it was my fault for not being clear enough. (as if a $8.49 DVD case listing for a gamecube Zelda game that sells for $40+ with (NO GAME INCLUDED) in the name wasn't clear enough)

Reasons ranged from

*Clueless parents that genuinely did not read the listing or understand what they're buying
    *Non english speakers not BEING able to read the listings
    *Children using their parents eBay accounts without their permission
    *People buying things on eBay off their smartphones which makes it difficult to read

It's usually for Pokemon, Zelda, or mario games.

MY advise? Be sure to list the item in "game cases/bags" or "game merchandise" to differenciate it from a game. Also be sure to have (no game included) somewhere in the title, and definitely have it in big letters with a disclaimer saying how you're just selling a replacement case. You can really only do so much though. I've seen listings that have embedded sound files when you open the page with an audio tone and message saying "welcome to my eBay page. You arte buying an empty replacement DVD case which includes no game disc" and then finding people have left that seller negative feedback for the item "not being as described"

You just have to kinda roll with it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea I slap stuff like that all over my listings. I sold a copy of the PC version of FF7 a few weeks back. Person gets it and opens a case saying it wasn't the playstation version which is what they wanted.

Title said PC version in it. the condition box said it in it. The title had it multiple times actually. description had it as the first line and the last line and few times in between. Hell even the photos of the item clearly said 'now for the PC' on everything...

yea people just don't read. I think what people do is they search for an item, they sort by either ending soonest or lowest price, and then just BIN based on the little pic they see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A minimizing tactic I use is to ban all but buyers from the US which limits the non-english idiocy. On top of that, whatever game I sell in the topic header I will write 'Game Only, Game + Manual, Game + Box) or whatever fits and then again in the listing body too. I take pics of everything they'll get in high resolution and thankfully that mix has never had an oops moment buy on my items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    and then finding people have left that seller negative feedback for the item "not being as described"
    I would assume that those kind of negs left would be stricken by ebay once the seller is able to prove that their listing was clear and that the buyer simply has reading comprehension problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    A minimizing tactic I use is to ban all but buyers from the US which limits the non-english idiocy. On top of that, whatever game I sell in the topic header I will write 'Game Only, Game + Manual, Game + Box) or whatever fits and then again in the listing body too. I take pics of everything they'll get in high resolution and thankfully that mix has never had an oops moment buy on my items.
    Hey we speak pretty good english up here in Canada eh? (Except Quebec, but they don't count anyway)