Mmmmmm....playing PPP at Pinbal Pete's (henceforth known as PP just to confuse all of you) made me want to get the home version that I knew existed. But to get the bootleg DC version or to spend the big $$ and get the PS2 version with official Konami controllers. That was the big question.

The choice was later made easy because I either couldn't find the store that used to have the PPP controllers for DC or I was right about where I saw them, but Lik-Sang was just out.

So I placed an order to NCS for a game & controller set for my PS2. In 5-7 business days I was PPP'ing in my own basement with PPP pink pods. What I'm most impressed with, is that basically all the songs from the arcade version are contained on the home version and after setting up the pods and playing for a little bit, the gameplay is superb to boot. One of the pods is going a bit wacky, so I don't know if it's just really sensative (there was a fly flying about while I was playing) or it wasn't as calibrated as the rest.

Anyhow, PPP @ home = <3

one last thing to add: NEXT TIME I SEE TEMPEST IN FRONT OF A PPP MACHINE AT PP YOU ARE GOING DOWN.

The only last thing I need to get for the real arcade feel is a strobe light.