Thread: Been reading some posts about awful ebay transactions on classic games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Been reading some posts about awful ebay transactions on classic games

So this has prompted me to take certain precautions that I don't know will do anything in the end but anyway.

With some of the older handhelds like the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance I have been making sure the buyers know what they are getting and make sure they don't think it's like....a Nintendo DS before I even ship to avoid any hassle. Also as soon as the money clears in paypal I move it to another account....Does that last part do anything if they were to claim something and ebay decided to refund them

EDIT: I re read the post and it looked kind of shady but I am an honest seller and I sell good quality items that have had only one owner and are as described. Didn't mean to come off like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by LINK398 View Post
    So this has prompted me to take certain precautions that I don't know will do anything in the end but anyway.

With some of the older handhelds like the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance I have been making sure the buyers know what they are getting and make sure they don't think it's like....a Nintendo DS before I even ship to avoid any hassle. Also as soon as the money clears in paypal I move it to another account....Does that last part do anything if they were to claim something and ebay decided to refund them

EDIT: I re read the post and it looked kind of shady but I am an honest seller and I sell good quality items that have had only one owner and are as described. Didn't mean to come off like that
    The chances of problems on ebay are small. As long as you take good pictures that's all that really matters. Most people have stories to tell about eBay buyers, but those are the exception, not the rule. It doesn't happen often.

For me, personally, of the 200+ items I've sold on eBay, I've only had a few returns, and they've been smooth because I just say sure, send it back and I'll give you your money back. If you deal in 1000+ transactions/month, you're bound to have a few headaches. It's no different than retail stores.