Thread: NES REMIX (Wii U)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES REMIX (Wii U)

First thing I have to say is this game is surprisingly fun. Its NES games turned into mini games and challenges, costs $15 on Wii U EShop. 16 NES games are represented. Some of my favorite challenges are the speed runs through level, such as how fast you can finish a mirrored level 1-2 of SMB. I'm surprised the variety and sheer amount of challenges there are. Also the menus are very slick so restarting levels or switching when you screw something up is painless.

So far I'm very happy and I only just unlocked the Zelda challenges a few minutes ago. Also I noticed some hardcore lag on my TV no matter what mode its on so I play using the gamepad which is much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Is this playable on the original Wii as well? I'm confused how those digital games work. Do you absolutely have to have a WiiU? I'm interested in this since I heard it was developed by the same crew who made the excellent Game Center CX games on DS, but I'm not going to buy another console just to play this mini game collection.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

I am impressed. This will be one of the first things I get when I get a Wii U.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game [briefly] sparked my interest in picking up a WiiU. If I ever pick up a WiiU, I'll have to grab a digital copy.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    The DudeGuyMan

I plan on getting this, though I may wait until it hits $10. Just got a Wii U and love it, so I'll be keeping an eye on the price for this
    Twitter Facebook YouTube Tumblr My personal blog
    Game Boy Guru project - I'm attempting to collect, play, & review every North American Game Boy release!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Is this playable on the original Wii as well? I'm confused how those digital games work. Do you absolutely have to have a WiiU? I'm interested in this since I heard it was developed by the same crew who made the excellent Game Center CX games on DS, but I'm not going to buy another console just to play this mini game collection.
    You must have a Wii U. The Wii and old DSi use a mostly retired out of date unlinked network where everything is split apart and nothing is tied together. The Wii U and the 3DS run their unified Nintendo Network ID system where all the games, funding(wallet), and overall user account are bound to one id like PSN has between its PS3 and Vita.

You won't be playing it unless you know someone with a Wii U who has it as the Wii and DSi are basically written off for dead and it's a matter of time until services are stopped given the Wii is out of production and their budget Wii Mini has NO internet capabilities.

I intend to get it, have the system, just haven't committed yet is all but it looks like a short term play blast.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I love the concept of this game, but it kinda just made me want to go play the NES games lol!

And once again Nintendo is refusing to admit they had a history as a coin-op game manufacturer. They're using inferior versions of everything as source material, and again claiming that NES Donkey Kong is "The Originaltm!!!!!@@$#%$"

For God's sake, Nintendo, put out a VS system collection already. Hogan's alley and Gumshoe would work great with a wiimote (I know they do because I've used glovepie with MAME to play them).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    For God's sake, Nintendo, put out a VS system collection already.
    It boggles the mind. How much work (cost) would it really be to virtually release these games? Of course, this is the same company that just virtually released Earthbound for the poorly sold WiiU instead of the ubiquitous Wii, so I don't hold much regard for the smarts of Nintendo's suits. Seriously. Like a virtual release of a nearly twenty year old cult video game was going to move poorly marketed $300 video game systems off the shelves...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Put it on a disc, then I'll think about it, Nintendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why does it seem like a controls are really lagged? Is it just me? I have only tried playing it with the Wii U tablet controller, but the controls are so laggy I find it almost impossible to control.
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com