Thread: SNES Problems

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry SNES Problems

I just received an SNES today, and already I am noticing problems with it.

I have three games for it, but only one will function properly (Super Mario World). The two dysfunctional games (Super Castlevania IV and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse) will load as normal, but when I get to the title screens, I cannot start a new game or anything. For Castlevania, there are not any options displayed as far as starting a new game or inputing a password: the game simply stays on the title screen for roughly five seconds, proceeds to the graveyard sequence intro, and then plays the demo. The same can be said for Mutant Apocalypse.

I know that both the controller and the controller port work perfectly, as I did not have any problems playing Super Mario World. I tried cleaning Super Castlevania, but that did not help as far as letting me actually play the game. I have searched the internet but have not found anyone else having similar problems; I am really stumped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know what you mean. I made a thread too about snes issues. As I mentioned before I actually cleaned a save off my game by cleaning it lol.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by MagExp View Post
    I just received an SNES today, and already I am noticing problems with it.

I have three games for it, but only one will function properly (Super Mario World). The two dysfunctional games (Super Castlevania IV and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse) will load as normal, but when I get to the title screens, I cannot start a new game or anything. For Castlevania, there are not any options displayed as far as starting a new game or inputing a password: the game simply stays on the title screen for roughly five seconds, proceeds to the graveyard sequence intro, and then plays the demo. The same can be said for Mutant Apocalypse.

I know that both the controller and the controller port work perfectly, as I did not have any problems playing Super Mario World. I tried cleaning Super Castlevania, but that did not help as far as letting me actually play the game. I have searched the internet but have not found anyone else having similar problems; I am really stumped.
    Are you sure the start button is working right? In Super Mario World note that you can start the game with the A or B Button so just because it works doesn't mean anything. Try playing a level of Super Mario World and try to pause.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Yeah definitely sounds like a controller or controller port problem.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It turns out that the problem was with the controller. I played Super Mario World again, and noticed that I could not pause the game when pressing start. I opened the controller and found that the rubber button was not making contact with the switch on the PCB. I fixed it up, so everything's okay now.

Thanks for the help, anyway