Thread: Need opinion

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need opinion

Hey need an opinion on a certain matter. I recently bought a Neo Geo Pocket Color with 10 games for $100 unfortunately I just lost my job and I already bought a TurboGrafx 16 and Sega Saturn not too long ago which I owe money on. The little handheld console is awesome and the 10 games that came with it are some of the best I think it would be hard to find a console that came with that selection of games again. Should I just keep it and add that to the list of things I owe money on and hope I get another job in the next couple of months or return it and get the money back. It seems like a no brainer but I'd figure I'd ask the classic gaming community their opinion since thats the subject matter thanks

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As someone who recently went through losing his job a few months back, sell the damn thing. Don't be stupid, you can always get another NGC and games. I had to sell off a Neo Geo AES and a handful of other games for way less than they were worth just to make it through the 2 months I was out of a job. Look at it this way, would you rather be able to pay off your bills and eat or do you want to have a game to play and no money to pay shit off?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Yeah with ebay it's really not hard to find anything again. You should get beyond living from paycheck to paycheck by not buying games for a while so you can have a few months' worth of rent saved up next time you lose a job.

I'm going to refrain from buying games all year so I can get 3 years ahead of myself!
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Listen to what was said above. Get your finances in order and build a nest egg (at least 6 months, minimum) before worrying about growing your collection. Games and systems come and go, but if you "F" up your credit....

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Not to mention, imagine how awesome it's going to feel for me a year from now with all that money saved and being able to buy anything I desire to look for regardless of price. I wouldn't care about overdoing it and buying any of the holy grails that are no fun to play, but I could at least afford something crazy expensive and popular like Metal Slug X for Neo Geo AES or a CIB Earthbound. I think I've sold my collection for the last time. Next time I won't have to sell it.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

or just don't live outside your means and enjoy spending and saving?
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

If you can get your $100 back, do it. TG-16 and Saturn are much better to play anyway.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0) segafan1989's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by todesengel View Post
    As someone who recently went through losing his job a few months back, sell the damn thing. Don't be stupid, you can always get another NGC and games. I had to sell off a Neo Geo AES and a handful of other games for way less than they were worth just to make it through the 2 months I was out of a job. Look at it this way, would you rather be able to pay off your bills and eat or do you want to have a game to play and no money to pay shit off?
    X2...you ain't gonna enjoy it when you can't eat and are homeless. That may be a bit extreme, but that's how I see it. Let's get back to basics here (food, clothing and shelter).