Thread: What do you think will happen to Rune Factory 4's price in the future?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What do you think will happen to Rune Factory 4's price in the future?

As was reported, Neverland, the developer of the Rune Factory series of games, went out of business last month just a few months after the release of Rune Factory 4.

I'm a bit curious what folks thing this is going to do with the price of Rune Factory 4 in the near and far future. Does XSeed, the North American publisher, still have the rights to manufacture and distribute the title? Or with the developer disolved does that mean that all the copies that are out there are all there will ever be?

I'm rather interested in getting this title, but its not quite on my 'must get now' list. But... I really don't want to get stuck in a situation where copies will be going for $80 six months from now.

Even now E-Bay is flooded with inflated By-It-Now prices, but I KNOW I can still get it for retail price at Game Stop and the like. Should I get my hands on a copy as soon as possible to not risk over paying latter? Or are the Ebayers just trying to get what they can in the wake of the news?
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FWIW it seems all my local Gamestops have it in "low stock" which means we might have the open copy that was pawed over 100's of times on the shelf, but we will let you buy at full price. Id wager that it will not be lower than $30 ever new. Most likely will never go lower than $40. If XSEED wants a reprint they will do so due to demand and will sell it at the full $40, so you might as well get the 1st print run.
    Last edited by CDiablo; 12-27-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The publisher still exists so nothing special I'd guess other than it just won't be some low tier sub $10 title, but it won't get xenoblade crazy. Also you still have that video game direct company too that likes to reprint old games with the publishers permission to sell to various companies or off their website which has crushed the value of various games over the years.