Thread: Examples of a old school production team able to make a new age game that rocks

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default Examples of a old school production team able to make a new age game that rocks

Now I am sure some of you are scratching your heads right now asking "what is that guy talking about?"

Think of a production team that worked together one a big game or games back in the early 90s or older and decide to get back together and see if they still got it only to see they really do!

Take in point a game called "Contraption Maker" which is on steam in alpha form.

The game is made by the same guys who gave us all "The Incredible Machine". Remember that game? Yeah I am sure most of us do. Well anyways the same team that made that game made this one and I tell you what its just as fun as the old game! By George they still got it!

What are some other good examples out there?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    elusiveshame

A Link Between World's is a great example of Nintendo going back to their roots with the Zelda series and making something modern, yet "retro" at the same time.

I think Atlus did a great job with Catherine - while the game focused a lot on story, the game play was fantastic and highly addicting, which there hasn't been many games that sucked me in so much like that.
    Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG (Wii VC), Ghostbusters (Wii), DJ Hero (360, 5* All songs on Expert), Mario Kart Wii