Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2014 (GAMEPLAY)ENDED

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Still haven't been playing anything seriously (and I really need to get back into Breath of Fire and finish that off finally), but I've got stacks of games to try out that I acquired over the last few months. Since more are for PSP than any other system, I decided to start with those, so I briefly played some Ragnarok Tactics, Class of Heroes 2, and Elminage Original. They all seem like they could be pretty fun, but they're WAY too big of commitments for me to get into right now. I really need to cut back on buying games that take all eternity to play and beat, haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pokemon X - Caught a shiny Sandile today! Wasn't even trying for one, just ran into it while riding a Rhyhorn back to the Glittering Cave.

Mega Man X2 - I remember this being harder when I was younger. Not that I've beaten it yet.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ggallegos1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4811-7358-8350

Right now, I'm working through Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations as well as the first Resistance game on PS3. It's not bad, but after being used to Gears of War controls it's a bit to get used to

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pacman atari 2600

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jet Grind Radio - Dreamcast.

In the middle of this, cuz I got bad game ADD and can't just focus on one game. Super fun game, pretty challenging at times, absolutely brings me back to junior high with all the late 90s style crap, the baggy pants, graffiti, rollerblades, break-beat music, quasi raver clothes, wearing ur beanie in 90 degree weather and ur sunglasses at night. But the style of this games awesome, the graphics are fanastic. I'm gonna hafta pick up Jet Set Radio Future now.

...And an original Xbox if it's not compatible with the 360. Ugh, I hate how big that thing is.. It is the Dreamcast 2 though.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm still trying out and cataloging my recent acquisitions. On PS2, I played a little Castle Shikigami 2 and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2. Had fun with both, although I haven't played through the first Digital Devil Saga yet, so it'll probably be a long time before I get to the sequel. If memory serves, I think I have every PS2 MegaTen now. Actually, I haven't beaten any yet, haha.

I had forgotten about a stack of GameCube (and a couple Wii) games that my fiance's father randomly found (literally, he didn't buy them) and gave us, so I got started on cleaning up and trying those. Mostly licensed junk (probably why they were just discarded), but a few are half-decent. I very briefly played 1080: Avalanche, American Chopper 2, Cars, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Ice Age 2, LEGO Star Wars II, Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge, TMNT, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

I bought the recently released "Last Dream" on Steam. It's a bit of an 'untrendy' pickup because it's an RPG made through some iteration of RPG Maker, but I'm giving it a try because it appears to have some real depth to it. I've put a few hours in already and I can see some hits and misses, but I'll keep playing to see what all it has to offer.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Finished cleaning and trying out my stack of salvaged games and tried out a few other recent additions too. Played a tiny bit of Cabela's North American Adventures and NFL Training Camp on Wii, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?: Game Time for DS, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys for N64, and Air Fortress and Street Cop for NES. Phew, just a few more games left to clean and test!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hallelujah, I've finally finished cleaning games. That was starting to get real tiresome after a while, haha. I still have a couple more to test out (and a few more games I bought new I need to try), but I don't feel like digging out the systems for them just yet. I did try out Warsong on Genesis, though. I found the menus a little confusing, I should probably look up the manual or a guide before I play it for real (my copy has the case but no manual unfortunately). It's not my first time playing a Langrisser game, but I'm always impressed by the interesting spin on the strategy RPG genre that the series offers. It's still pretty unique to this day. I finally tracked down a copy of Warsong because I figured I should play the first game in English and really learn the system well before I tackle playing through any of the later games in Japanese. I definitely want to invest some serious time into Der Langrisser for the PC-FX some day.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Is anybody going to stop me from getting a Connect Four here? :P Anyway, I'm trying to get back into the gaming groove. I had a few issues with my N64 (including an issue with trying to get it open), but I finally got the thing opened up and cleaned. Unfortunately, it didn't solve a little issue with my power button, but it's no biggie, as long as it doesn't get worse. Now that my N64 is shiny and clean, I decided to sink some time into it, after barely touching it for a year or more. First I played some Wetrix just to test things out. Always a fun little puzzler to return to from time to time. But what I decided to seriously play is The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I've never beaten the game, but I've liked the story and atmosphere, how alive the world feels, and the unique gameplay concepts for many years. I figured it was about time I got around to it, especially now that I'm all caught up on the Zelda series in terms of games released before and including Ocarina of Time (not counting those dopey CD-i games). I haven't done a lot just yet, I just cleared the prologue sequence (I really like how it's filled with precisely enough tasks that, assuming the player doesn't know exactly what to do and immediately gets to it, they'll probably take you right until the night of the last day, and without any way to save or any clue what to do about the falling moon, it gets really tense; very cool way to start a game), and then I gathered some of the key stuff you can get at the beginning like the notebook and bomb bag and such. Next time I play I'll probably start heading out to Woodfall.

Oh, I also played a tiny bit of Legend of the River King (GBC version) on my Game Boy Advance SP just because I wanted to check out my old file. And that reminds me, I really, really need to push myself to play and finish off Breath of Fire.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Combo breaker and all that.
    Restarting my insanity run of Mass Effect 2. Apparently the PS3 version has a known bug that doesn't allow a majority of your things outside of your base level transfer over to the new game+. Internet suggested just starting a cold, non-new game+ run, so all the enemies will scale to your level.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I haven't had a chance to do a ton of gaming these last few days, so I'm still not very far in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on Nintendo 64. I did get through all the stuff in the swamp leading up to getting access to the dungeon, though, so I'm hoping I won't need to repeat much now and can get straight to it the next time I play.

Press Select to Start Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today i started playing through Shantae for GBC, great game with colorful graphics!! i haven't gone through the game fully before, so im hyped to see the rest of the game!!

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

I've gone back to "Sid Meier's Pirates!" after waffling on it for a few days. That's such a great game; I never get tired of it.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I cleared the first temple in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on N64. Pretty small and simple overall. It's nice to have arrows now and to be able to warp around to the owl statues. I haven't headed to the mountains just yet, but I did dink around town some more, getting more items and adding info to my notebook.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

been enjoying but stalled thanks to lack of time on the new south park game on my pc its very funny and enjoyable to play stick of truth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I recently got a famicom adapter for my NES because of a multicart I got, and since then I got 4 Famicom games in the mail. I took down Twinbee 3 so far, most of Wai Wai World 2, and I also have Rampart and Dragon Buster here too. In the mail now/shortly will be Armadillo, Family Jockey, and famiclones of Crisis Force and Moon Crystal. That's my thing now, it feels so fresh compared to anything else I'm really enjoying it. Even though it's the NES, it's unlike much of what we received so it's new to me and enjoyable so I'm scouting more stuff.

I went the famiclone route on those 2 because they're expensive with legit carts, but the clones are so old they're chipped and not glop top junk and those are overseas so it'll be a couple weeks on them. I imagine Saturday or Monday the horse racing game and the platformer will arrive which is great.

I'd love to get more but I dont trust the combination of asian markets and ebay weirdos so I buy US only on there so it's tricky finding more games I want to play at a good price but it'll keep my buying in check at least.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I just got the ability to make those creepy statues of Link in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on Nintendo 64, so I'm close to starting the fourth dungeon. I completed the spider house on the beach which was a major pain (took forever for me to figure out how to get the skulltulas out of the chandelier, and once I did, I learned that I had to clear the house on the first day to get the real reward, ugh), but getting that bigger money bag allowed me to clear a couple more quests in town. I think I'm down to 6 people left to help in my notebook (one I've yet to meet), 6 masks to get, and 8 more hearts (one will come from the fourth dungeon, but how there are theoretically 28 more pieces of heart hidden in this world is beyond me).

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I'd love to get more but I dont trust the combination of asian markets and ebay weirdos so I buy US only on there so it's tricky finding more games I want to play at a good price but it'll keep my buying in check at least.
    While I can understand you concern regarding certain Asian countries where bootleg selling is prevalent, there's basically zero reason to worry about buying Japanese games from Japanese sellers. I mean, heck, there are probably more bootleg games here in the US than there are in Japan. Sticking with US sellers is going to severely limit your options and probably cause you to pay more.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

XBOX OutRun Coast To Coast

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    ...took forever for me to figure out how to get the skulltulas out of the chandelier...
    Why did you remind me of that?
    What did I ever do to you?
    >_< I remember running around that room looking for those fuckers. I could hear them, but couldn't see them. Then I noticed the sound got louder when I stood on the table....then I looked up OH GOD WHY.