Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January 2014 Finds

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default January 2014 Finds

While most people spend the new year with family and friends ringing in the new year drinking, kissing, and carrying on about some song with a name I can't pronounce, I was in Meijer putzing around because they were one of the only places open and I wasn't feeling like being at home just yet. I was mainly after Christmas merchandise that was marked down to 70% or more but I made my way over to the Electronics department and found my first find of the new year, Bit Trip Saga on 3DS for $12.99.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Technically late December 2013, but does anyone really mind?

Actually found stuff at Savers.

Rebel Assault II (PS1): $0.99
    Top Gun: Fire at Will! (PS1): $0.99
    Tomb Raider III (PS1): $0.99
    Gex (PS1): $0.99
    Qin: Tomb of the Middle Kingdom (PC): $0.99

Never had heard of the last one, apparently is a Myst clone. That appears to have some people say it's better...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I found like $3.50 worth of empty bottles in my living room this morning. Score.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    I found like $3.50 worth of empty bottles in my living room this morning. Score.
    OMG OMG OMG!! I've been after those for forever! Sell dem to me! #omgtehrarez #vulturecirclingabove #derpdederp
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    carrying on about some song with a name I can't pronounce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    OMG OMG OMG!! I've been after those for forever! Sell dem to me! #omgtehrarez #vulturecirclingabove #derpdederp
    Are you offering 2k monies?

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

NOTE A GAME FIND...but I thought it was..

The other night I had to go to a local grocery store with my Son,on the way back we spotted stuff put out on the curb..a lot of stuff....

It was very Dark and I see this Black Bag,I kick it,it feels heavy,I unzip it as if something was to jump out at me....I see something Grey and I Thought it was a N64.
    On my shoulder it goes Quick..I was happy as heck after FREEZING out there looking through this stuff.
    But it is this..and I felt like an ASS when I got home..

I grab a bin that says ANIMAL Planet and it’s filled with Lego Pieces...A lot of Legos in that Bin...GOOD PICK..

Then I spot the Three Lawn Displays,unused in box with old store receipt taped to the box..(I tested them they work)
    Getting them home was a chore.

In a CRAZY Coincidence...I was recently at SEARS looking to buy them

This stuff was not put out on the Towns Garbage or Bulk Pick Up Proper days ..I do find a lot of good stuff on those days If I go looking..

To note: In my Town if you put stuff out not on the scheduled pick up days an old guy who works for the town will place a fine on your door....(that’s all he does all day)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Catching up now that I'm finally back home. Some of these are Christmas presents I gave my girlfriend that I've had for awhile but didn't want to post here as I acquired them, just in case.

First up is a Tomy Astro Shooter pinball table. This is, more or less, like Tomy's older little Atomic Arcade pinball on steroids. Bumpers are reactive due to gearing so they throw the ball around, the sink holes award points and then catapult the ball away, and the left orbit drops the ball beneath the play surface to award big points before firing it out of a trap door on the other side of the table. As with Atomic Arcade the whole thing operates on a complex series of gears and transmissions powered by a single motor.

Next is a Club Namco Pooka that was released a few years ago, as well as Alien Crush for the TurboGrafx-16 and Buster Bros. Collection for PS1.

The Pooka will come in handy as we're cosplaying as modern real-world versions of Taizo Hori and Masuyo Tobi in the Spring. I also gave her a large Taizo Hori / Dig Dug plush from Mr. Driller G. I think I may have posted that in an earlier finds thread but here he is again, along with my completed helmet (other than a blue visor treatment).

I visited a local indie game store and traded in a Saturn Arcade Racer wheel, a handful of SMS games, and a couple SNES cartridges and got the following as even echange.

PS1 - G-Police (complete)
    PS2 - MotoGP 3 (complete)
    NES - The Black Bass
    NES - Codename Viper
    NES - Star Force
    NES - Star Soldier

While picking up the games I had a feeling I had a copy of Star Soldier but it turned out that Codename Viper was the game I already had.

Lastly, a gift from my girlfriend's dad. A V1 and V2 Cybiko classic along with a charger (not pictured) and a couple sets of replacement rechargeable batteries. The V2 unit has some kind of board issue but I have some parts on the way as I'm just going to do a case swap. The V1 unit works great with the new batteries. The book "Kiss Your Cybiko With Games" is a self-published (and oddly written) guide to Cybiko software during what prime the devices ever experienced. I've found a little info about it online but I think I'm going to scan it as a .PDF and upload it for prosperity.

I used to sell Cybikos when they were new and, at least in my area, they had quite a following (which prompted me to move them over to the electronics department and have a couple live models in the showcase). I've had more fun messing around with them again than I ever thought I would.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 01-03-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Looks like I'm up again. Half Price Books had a bunch of VCS cartridges marked at $1.99 each, which is right at the edge of what I'll pay for most Atari 2600 stuff. There were some nice games in there though and condition was pretty good. I had almost everything I saw (other than an HES copy of Decathlon) but I did grab a copy of Crypts of Chaos and Gravitar, which I did not.

Also picked up Millennium season 1 and a paperback of Starship Troopers to replace my worn out copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Sunday Pick Ups..

Saturdays Flea Market was closed due to the weather...the one weekend I planned to go..
    NONETHELESS,The Battery In My Wifes Van Was Dead..$149.00 later..

Sundays Flea Market was on: but there was about 10 vendors in a building,it was dead....(one game vendor
    My friend actually picked up 20 or so PlayStation games for $20.00 and a DSlite for $15.00
    I met up with a friend and he showed me some of his Flea Market pick up while he was out in FL..
    That included the two N64 systems shown,one has a cracked top shell and the others buttons are stuck(to be fixed by me)
    One cool thing he saw out in FL was a bunch od RAZOR Scooter.Pocketbikes ..all for $100.00..Parts bikes ...he took a video for me to see,the vendor was to come back the next Saturday but never showed up as I was going to buy it all..

Saturday I visited my relatives and my nephew had sold all his Xbox 360 games,360 SLIM to Gamestop ..a bunch of games,many latest releases,he got around $380.00 in trade...Toward an XBOX ONE..
    My nephew says he’s found a way to play xbox 360 games on the XBOX one...I have Not looked into this system at all so..

So my nephew was digging around and found this stuff that wasn’t traded in..
    NEW Kinect Visor...
    I was going to sell this but seems not worth much on ebay..I’m going to set it up on my sons 360 Slim..
    I have the “other “ version with the power supply that can be used for the older 360 or new Slim..

Halo Reach 360 Controller..(I love anything Halo)..needs to be cleaned internally,sticky buttons .
    Charge pack with wire
    Empty game cases,old Xbox games in the cases.
    Wireless Mic.(prob dead battery)..I have two of these,wondering if they can be fixed..

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These three bundles were $8.99 each at Salvation Army. Since Silent Hill was in one stack, RE2 and Medievil were in another, and RE Director's Cut was in the third, I decided to go for it. 29 games for $26.97 isn't so bad considering.

The pawn shop worker said $5 for all PS2 games. I said yes and thank you!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Sunday Pick Ups..

Saturdays Flea Market was closed due to the weather...the one weekend I planned to go..
    NONETHELESS,The Battery In My Wifes Van Was Dead..$149.00 later..

Sundays Flea Market was on: but there was about 10 vendors in a building,it was dead....(one game vendor
    My friend actually picked up 20 or so PlayStation games for $20.00 and a DSlite for $15.00
    I met up with a friend and he showed me some of his Flea Market pick up while he was out in FL..
    That included the two N64 systems shown,one has a cracked top shell and the others buttons are stuck(to be fixed by me)
    One cool thing he saw out in FL was a bunch od RAZOR Scooter.Pocketbikes ..all for $100.00..Parts bikes ...he took a video for me to see,the vendor was to come back the next Saturday but never showed up as I was going to buy it all..

Saturday I visited my relatives and my nephew had sold all his Xbox 360 games,360 SLIM to Gamestop ..a bunch of games,many latest releases,he got around $380.00 in trade...Toward an XBOX ONE..
    My nephew says he’s found a way to play xbox 360 games on the XBOX one...I have Not looked into this system at all so..

So my nephew was digging around and found this stuff that wasn’t traded in..
    NEW Kinect Visor...
    I was going to sell this but seems not worth much on ebay..I’m going to set it up on my sons 360 Slim..
    I have the “other “ version with the power supply that can be used for the older 360 or new Slim..

Halo Reach 360 Controller..(I love anything Halo)..needs to be cleaned internally,sticky buttons .
    Charge pack with wire
    Empty game cases,old Xbox games in the cases.
    Wireless Mic.(prob dead battery)..I have two of these,wondering if they can be fixed..

Its not possible at all to play 360 games on a One. The coding and architecture are completely different.
    Edit: Unless he was talking about plugging a 360 into the HDMI input of the One lol.

The Kinects are all the same. The different power adapter can be used on any of them. Just in case you didn't already know
    Last edited by Enmity; 01-06-2014 at 09:17 PM.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

There is a rumor that started on 4chan about using the debug menu to play 360 games. Of course, all it does is brick your system.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Technically, these finds were from the the end of December 2013. But I was too busy with the holidays to bother posting them until now.

Anyway, here's what I picked as a Christmas gift for myself:

Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X (Used) - $30.00

Tales of Innocence (Used) - $20.00

I ordered these from Solaris Japan after they did a massive restock in early December. I now own all the "mothership" titles of the Tales series, with the exception of Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Zestria.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (New) - $19.99

An EB Games store opened up in my town the week before Christmas. I went to check it out and found out this was part of their Boxing Week sale. This is the only racing game series I've actually been able to enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finds for January so far...

Nintendo Gamecube w/ controller (Platinum) $5 - Goodwill had it marked for $10, but were having a half-off everything sale on Jan 2nd. Since it came with cables (and a game) I figured it was worth scooping up.
    The Simpsons: Hit 'n Run (GCN) $0 - Disc only. Came inside the Gamecube.
    Nintendo Gamecube Preview Disc (GCN) $2 - Got at Goodwill. I wasn't aware this was so common when I got it. Billy Hatcher seems like a game I should think about tracking down at some point.
    Digimon World 3 (PS1) $4 - I was surprised for find out this game goes for a few bucks on e-Bay. I've never been into Digimon, but clearly its still got its fans.
    Parasite Eve (PS1) $13 - Got at the local GameXchange. A game I've wanted for a while.

On top of those I went a little... DS happy this last week...

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon $8 (DS) - Found at the GameXchange. I've got Rune Facotry 4 laying around waiting to be played, but when I caught sight of this for under $10 I figured it was worth having around.
    Mega Man ZX $20 (DS) - Kind of an impulse purchase. Found it at Target. Probably payed a little more then I should have. But I've been jonesing for a new action platformer. Its pretty fun so far. Not perfect though.
    Radiant Historia $25 (DS) - I actually ordered this off eBay before Christmas but the (free) shipping was super slow. Its an Atlus RPG, so I'm sure I'll dig it. When I have time to get to it that is.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

My local Play N Trade has pretty much isolated most of its collector customer base because of their crazy inflated prices, so it is no surprise that they are going out of business. Their clearance sale is "All Used Items 40% off" and "All New Items 30% Off". Since most of their older retro stuff is way overpriced, the 40% off isn't that great, but I have taken advantage of the New stuff for 30% off (or more):

(2) Star Wars Kinect Xbox 360 Console Bundles - Brand New and sealed - $227 each after discount
    Pokemon White DSi bundle - Brand new and sealed - $108 after discount
    Ragnarok Odyssey Collectors Edition for PS Vita - new and sealed - $28 after discount
    Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 controller - brand new and sealed - $35

Since I bought so much stuff, they went 40% off on all of the new stuff as well for me! One of the SW Xbox's has already been sold on ebay for $450 which covers most of the cost of both units.

I went back and picked up a couple of other used things:

Call of Duty MW3 Xbox 360 Console - used but in box, missing only one controller - $120
    Doom (Atari Jaguar) - loose - $12

It's been a week or so since I was in there but I might have to go back and see if they have anything else cool to buy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    Its not possible at all to play 360 games on a One. The coding and architecture are completely different.
    Edit: Unless he was talking about plugging a 360 into the HDMI input of the One lol.

The Kinects are all the same. The different power adapter can be used on any of them. Just in case you didn't already know
    Ha.I think.he was talking about plugging a 360 into the HDMI input of the One...(something he read online)

I need to look that up..

Thanks on the Kinect Info....

Here’s what I know about Kinect Visors..

The Kinect Visor I use for my (fat) Xbox 360 Arcade System has an additional USB wire and power supply..
    Gamestop purchase:they say this wire and power supply is required to use a Kinect Visor with my older 360/not Slim....This Kinect is an earlier version used for NOT SLIM type Xbox 360s..

Gamestop had a deal way back on Kinect Visors(no fine print) so I went to buy one for my older Fat 360 Arcade System ...As I paid for the Kinect Visor I asked if it would work with my (fat) Xbox 360 Arcade System .
    ..NO..

I had to get the set up with the specific USB wire and power supply,not normally carried by them as they say because it’s older...The Newer Version did not come with the specific USB wire and power supply

.. The deal-offer-sale was only for the Kinect Visor "without' the Specific USB wire and power supply"
    UGH..
    They Found me a Used Kinect Visor set with Specific USB wire and power supply" ..I paid more for it and only reason I bought it is because I had scored a bunch of Kinect games cheap elsewhere..

The Good is the Kinect Visor could be used on both my Sons Xbox 360 Slim and My Fat Xbox 360 Arcade System....
    Using the Kinect on a Xbox 360 Slim it does not use or require to use the specific USB wire and power supply as it plugs right into an Specific port of the Xbox 360 Slim that is powered..

To plug the Kinect Visor into my Xbox 360 Arcade System it plugs in via USB using the specific USB wire and power supply,There is no port on my Xbox 360 Arcade System to plug Just the Kinect Visor port plug into...so I have to use the specific USB wire and power supply..

Gamestop explained that The Xbox 360 Arcade System port is not powered as the Xbox 360 Slim port is..
    Thus the required use of the power supply to use a Kinect Visor on a Fat Not Slim Xbox 360 System..

However my Xbox 360 Arcade System doesn’t have the Port for the Kinect Visor anywhere..(if so I don’t see it lol)
    So though the Kinect Visors are all the same they don’t work on every 360 system> If you are to use a Kinect Visor on a Fat Not Slim Xbox 360 System you will need this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox360-Orig...-/141155277173

If you use a Kinect Visor on a Xbox 360 Slim you don’t need the above converter

This Kinect Visor I got from my nephew didn't come with that converter ..I hooked it up to my Sons Xbox 360 Slim....
    What I need now is one of the Make the Room Smaller attachments..

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Ha.I think.he was talking about plugging a 360 into the HDMI input of the One...(something he read online)

I need to look that up..

Thanks on the Kinect Info....

Here’s what I know about Kinect Visors..

The Kinect Visor I use for my (fat) Xbox 360 Arcade System has an additional USB wire and power supply..
    Gamestop purchase:they say this wire and power supply is required to use a Kinect Visor with my older 360/not Slim....This Kinect is an earlier version used for NOT SLIM type Xbox 360s..

Gamestop had a deal way back on Kinect Visors(no fine print) so I went to buy one for my older Fat 360 Arcade System ...As I paid for the Kinect Visor I asked if it would work with my (fat) Xbox 360 Arcade System .
    ..NO..

I had to get the set up with the specific USB wire and power supply,not normally carried by them as they say because it’s older...The Newer Version did not come with the specific USB wire and power supply

.. The deal-offer-sale was only for the Kinect Visor "without' the Specific USB wire and power supply"
    UGH..
    They Found me a Used Kinect Visor set with Specific USB wire and power supply" ..I paid more for it and only reason I bought it is because I had scored a bunch of Kinect games cheap elsewhere..

The Good is the Kinect Visor could be used on both my Sons Xbox 360 Slim and My Fat Xbox 360 Arcade System....
    Using the Kinect on a Xbox 360 Slim it does not use or require to use the specific USB wire and power supply as it plugs right into an Specific port of the Xbox 360 Slim that is powered..

To plug the Kinect Visor into my Xbox 360 Arcade System it plugs in via USB using the specific USB wire and power supply,There is no port on my Xbox 360 Arcade System to plug Just the Kinect Visor port plug into...so I have to use the specific USB wire and power supply..

Gamestop explained that The Xbox 360 Arcade System port is not powered as the Xbox 360 Slim port is..
    Thus the required use of the power supply to use a Kinect Visor on a Fat Not Slim Xbox 360 System..

However my Xbox 360 Arcade System doesn’t have the Port for the Kinect Visor anywhere..(if so I don’t see it lol)
    So though the Kinect Visors are all the same they don’t work on every 360 system> If you are to use a Kinect Visor on a Fat Not Slim Xbox 360 System you will need this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox360-Orig...-/141155277173

If you use a Kinect Visor on a Xbox 360 Slim you don’t need the above converter

This Kinect Visor I got from my nephew didn't come with that converter ..I hooked it up to my Sons Xbox 360 Slim....
    What I need now is one of the Make the Room Smaller attachments..
    yeah, The Kinects that are packages with the slim systems don't come with that cable since they don't need it to work on a slim. If you bought the Kinect by itself brand new it should be packaged with that cable. Gamestop charges more for the used ones with that cable for some reason rather then just selling the cable on its own.

Also that power/usb cable allows you to plug it into a PC if you want to play with 3D scanning and rendering using the Kinect.

I've never tried the adapters that make the range wider for the Kinect. I have to move my couch every time the kinect gets used lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    yeah, The Kinects that are packages with the slim systems don't come with that cable since they don't need it to work on a slim. If you bought the Kinect by itself brand new it should be packaged with that cable. Gamestop charges more for the used ones with that cable for some reason rather then just selling the cable on its own.

Also that power/usb cable allows you to plug it into a PC if you want to play with 3D scanning and rendering using the Kinect.

I've never tried the adapters that make the range wider for the Kinect. I have to move my couch every time the kinect gets used lol.
    No matter how much stuff I move,I can't seem to get the visor to fit the room(s) and I have one big living room..It just requires way to much of a room to be used..UGH!!

I'm hoping this will help.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-NYK...-/171213445797

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

No matter how much stuff I move,I can't seem to get the visor to fit the room(s) and I have one big living room..It just requires way to much of a room to be used..UGH!!

I'm hoping this will help.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-NYK...-/171213445797
    weird I used with with 6-7 feet of floor space.

have you tried going into the settings and calibrating it with the square card they come with?