Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
That rule doesn't really work here because TurboGrafx-16 games are usually priced pretty outrageously, and that company doesn't make games anymore either. Going by this logic, TurboGrafx-16 should be worthless now and it's not.
Nonsense. Just because one cause is true doesn't mean that it's the only cause. We have to factor in rarity, too. TG-16 games are much rarer than Genesis ones, so, even though it's off the radar, yes fewer people want them, but there are fewer going around, too.

Also, he didn't mention prices, but the price of the average Genesis game has doubled in the past 8 years, and went up significantly since 2011. I think we can thank/blame the internet for that.

I also don't know why people want the Genesis to be popular. I'd love for it to be unheard of, because the games generally aren't rare, and if they're unhyped, then they remain cheap. I'd wish for all the Youtube reviewers to just go away, and let the unknowns remain unknown so I can discover it on my own. (I'm OK with written stuff, because it's appeals to the younger, hip, retro because it's cool audience a lot less than video reviews. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.)