Hi everyone!

For a long time now, Steam has been rising in popularity, so much so that it'll even have its own console (Steam Box). In the past generation, the emphasis on digital media was greatly increased, and now, with the release of the PS4 and Xbox One, the industry has shifted even more in this direction.

I can see why digital games are a good alternative. They offer a quick way to access your games, not to mention there aren't any costs for actual disks and warehouses. When it comes to indie developers, digital is usually the only option, and I understand that and don't mind it at all. However, larger titles... Well, when I look at my humble game collection, I see my games. Stuff that I've purchased. Stuff that I can hold in my hands and feel the weight of. I don't mind having to put the disk it - doing just that makes me feel like the game is mine and for me to play. Which it is. Going online, getting Kega Fusion and downloading 800+ games just wouldn't be the same.

Going to a store to get a new game is something I like a lot. I need to wait untill I get home when I can plop it in. Getting a parcel wrapped in brown paper off of the interwebs is like getting a little present. No amount of people shouting from the rooftops that physical is going will change that feeling, and because of this, I feel a little sad when faced with the fact that they're right - that in the future, I won't be able to step into my room and glance at my game collection the same way I can do with my comics. It'll all be in one big puffy cloud.

But that's just how I feel. What do you guys think? Do you like physical copies or do you think they're pointless?