Thread: New kickstarter for The 7th Guest 3

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default New kickstarter for The 7th Guest 3

Kind of a bit late posting this, but there was a kickstarter for a new 7th Guest game. It's over now, and it didn't reach it's goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-the-collector

Is anybody surprised it didn't make it? Or disappointed? Or just surprised that they wanted to make another one of these in the first place?

Edit: It seems I missed this when I first posted, but they're trying again to raise funds on a different site. I'll post the link to it below. The new goal is just to start producing a mini-game, and they'll follow it up later. I guess they're trying to start small now.

https://trilobyte.crowdhoster.com/th...-the-collector
    Last edited by Gameguy; 01-13-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Kind of a bit late posting this, but there was a kickstarter for a new 7th Guest game. It's over now, and it didn't reach it's goal.

Is anybody surprised it didn't make it? Or disappointed? Or just surprised that they wanted to make another one of these in the first place?
    I completely missed that the Kickstarter was going on. As it was I was unlikely to back it, as I have no real connection to 7th Guest.

In other FMV news, I am super hyped about the new Tex Murphy game. I regret not backing it when it was going. But at least it got funded.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    I completely missed that the Kickstarter was going on. As it was I was unlikely to back it, as I have no real connection to 7th Guest.

In other FMV news, I am super hyped about the new Tex Murphy game. I regret not backing it when it was going. But at least it got funded.
    You know what, I'm just searching about this again and it seems they're trying again to raise funds on a different site. I'll edit this into the original post too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know what, I'm just searching about this again and it seems they're trying again to raise funds on a different site. I'll edit this into the original post too.

Neat. Looks like their going for a more long range funding scheme. It might throw a couple bucks at it sometime.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Edit: It seems I missed this when I first posted, but they're trying again to raise funds on a different site. I'll post the link to it below. The new goal is just to start producing a mini-game, and they'll follow it up later. I guess they're trying to start small now.

I backed the original Kickstarter, but I will not get involved with this shady route they are taking. Unlike the original Kickstarter, this new site does a pre-auth for the full amount of the pledge immediately and has no accountability so that the campaign creator can essentially decide when the goal has been met on their own. In addition, even if you pledge for the game and certain rewards, the campaign creator will not guarantee the game will ever be finished or that you will receive your rewards. At least with Kickstarter, it's an all or nothing approach with some chance of getting a finished game at the end of the process. I'm simply not willing to take this much risk for a campaign where the people behind it seem to have no ability to properly plan or market themselves and even less of a likelihood that the game will ever be completed.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

the fake looking interview on the video under features with the rob guy really makes it hard to support them.
    I think I have dealt with him before and if I remember correctly, he is way full of himself...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The 7th Guest is my all time favorite computer game. However Rob sank the franchise on his own with how out of control he got after the success of the original game. Until there's someone at the top completely different, say enthusiasts who buy up the rights, we'll never see a third game or the one we do see will be terribly mediocre.