Thread: Broken Age

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Broken Age

So the long anticipated Kickstarter project from the mind of Tim Schaffer is finally upon us. Backers have had access to Act 1 for a few days now. Personally I blew through it in less then 24 hours. I found it very engrossing and beautifully executed. However as an old hand adventure gamer most, if not all, of its puzzle were very straight forward. The only time I got stuck was when I missed a key item. Word is, Act 2 is going to be a bit more of a challenge, but even with the game current a tad on the easy side I still found it oozed charm and didn't overstay it welcome.

Any backers here with further thoughts? And non-backers going to jump on the Early Access when it goes to public beta?
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I had the same concern others did, that part one was too easy. I completed it in under three hours, my partner did it a few minutes faster than me. Then, you know, a couple runs with other people to help find glitches and stuff. They actually put out a big update for the game last night that upgraded the graphics and cursor response, been meaning to look into the game again.

It's a fun game with a lot of character, but it doesn't seem to have much of the Schaffer humor we've come to love from previous Double Fine games. More the odd pun and humorous direct hint.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    And non-backers going to jump on the Early Access when it goes to public beta?
    They aren't having a public beta or early access. They skipped early access for this phase because the game was pretty much complete with the exception of small bugs and touch ups. The last two weeks has been the beta phase with all the backers. The full, final version of part one goes on sale this Tuesday.
    Last edited by JSoup; 01-26-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    It's a fun game with a lot of character, but it doesn't seem to have much of the Schaffer humor we've come to love from previous Double Fine games. More the odd pun and humorous direct hint.
    Really? I found everything to be on par with Shaffer's Lucasarts best myself. The humor was excellent.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12